“A nice discovery”
Review of Agustin Kitchen

Agustin Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Agustin Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,003 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chef Ryan Clark’s creative farm-to-table cuisine inspired by Tucson’s local offerings includes amazing house specialties, an exciting ‘all domestic’ wine list and an arrangement of local draft beers. An award winning bar staff finds the niche in the menu with carefully created craft cocktails and house infusions. The kitchen crew works magic at this Downtown Tucson hot spot that takes sustainability seriously as it sends out tasty locavore lunches and sophisticated dinners, all at prices that are reasonable for what you get; a setting that’s a perfect mix of informal and beautiful and knowledgeable, friendly service complete the picture.
guadalajara
“A nice discovery”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We spent a sunday morning in downtown Tucson, took the new tram and ended up in San Agustin Market, where we had brunch at Agustin kitchen. We had a great mushroom soup and ham and cheese sandwich, a nice hamburger and the best chia pudding with granola. Next time in Tucson I will certainly go to Agustin to try the dinner menu, which looks very interesting. I even bought the cookbook to try recipes at home. I am happily pleased to see new ventures like these in Tucson, knowing how hard it is to start a business, my best wishes of success to the chef!

• Visited July 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent restaurant addition for Tucson”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Very nice ambiance and exceptionally knowlegable wait staff. The oysters were so cold and fresh
and the pork shank was such a delight to see on the menu. Our server paired the wine and it was perfectly chosen for our dinner. Can't wait to return here.

1 Thank KathyS181
Tucson, Arizona
“spoiled fish”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We arrived early at 5:30 to beat the crowd so it was quiet, although as the evening progressed the 4 of us could hardly hear ourselves talk; way too loud.

My wife ordered the ciopinno. I put my fork into the bowl to try a piece of fish and the taste of spoiled fish exploded in my mouth. I could not swallow it. My wife taste another piece and had the same reaction, it tasted and smelled terrible. In fact, I have NEVER been served fish that spoiled. She mentioned this to the waiter and he returned from the kitchen saying all the whitefish would come from the same batch. I expect once a restaurant is informed of having bad fish to throw it out. She ordered a different dish.

In my experience, a good restaurnat that serves a dish that is truly bad will either comp a free replacement or offer some compensation, perhaps a free dessert or a glass of wine, something to make up for the bad experience. We received nothing.

I will not return to a restaurant that could possibly serve fish as spoiled as this, the smell alone should have prevented the chef from ever serving it.

2 Thank sethb108
Arizona
“Excellent food; delightful ambiance”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

One of Tucson's newer places, Agustin Kitchen is in the charming new plaza that captures some of Tucson's historic feel. In the restaurant, the high ceilings, big windows, and dark wood make for a spacious, cool, inviting ambiance. The food was first-rate, and the service excellent. I very much enjoy the "schmear," which can be various locally sourced vegetables as spreads, with salmon and oxtail as tasty outliers. Although there are not actually white tablecloths, this qualified in my personal list as a "white tablecloth" place: gracious, delicious, upscale but Tucson casual. Very high marks.

1 Thank oldladyArizona
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worth a Visit!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our Second SaturdayLadies Luncheon selected this restaurant for July,,,and are we glad we did!Our table was ready and our waitress pleasantly passed out the menus, explaining the daily special . Service was exceptional...glasses filled promptly, lemon provided for our water. My red corn chicken enchillada was yummy. Ladies ordering salads all enjoyed their food as well. The ham and cheese sandwich was served with a cup of onion soup...and half went home because it was a large portion. Another gal ordered the green eggs and ham...and pronounced it delicious as well. Don't miss ordering the pesto and bread...small, yet enough we all got to taste. This is located in a courtyard...with lots of shops...easy to spend time browsing. Afterwards, we stopped for a "respardo"..you have to try this modern version of a snow cone. I will be back, even though this is 40 minutes from my home!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Agustin Kitchen? Share your experiences!