“Family Owned and Operated”
Review of Neo of Malaka

Neo of Malaka
Ranked #1,059 of 1,990 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Malaysian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Tucson
“Family Owned and Operated”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I are crazy about the War Wonton soup as a starter. It is so big we only order one entree - usually the sesame chicken. What can I say? When we find a favorite we tend to go back for it...often.

• Visited August 2012

Palm Springs, CA
“Same nasty owner as OM”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

OM refused to honor a reservation for 18 people because we had an entertainment card that gave us one meal gratis for each purchased. I'd even called to make sure this would be okay, but they turned us away at the door.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank LemurLand
Benson, Arizona, United States
“Second time was even better”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is our second time for lunch / dinner at Neo's. Both times have been a winner. I had the lamb curry and my wife had a shrimp dish. Both were huge portions, and delicious. Curry in a Malaysian restaurant does not taste the same as an Indian restaurant. It has a milder curry flavor with a touch more heat. My serving was mouthwatering with a nice white rice bowl along to mix. My wife's dish had 8 nice shrimp, potatoes, tomatoes & a light sauce. Very yummy.The wait staff was very helpful in deciphering the menu choices and were very attentive to our needs. A great place for a "something different" for dinner in ethnic food. We will go again

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mark T
“Gone downhill like a landslide...”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I used to LOVE this place when it was Seri Malaka. We would always take friends and family here when we had visitors. Even my mid-western beef-eating in-laws loved this place. I have not been there since it became Neo of Melaka. SUCKS!!! They cut all of the really good dishes out of their menu, the service was beyond deplorable, and it is WAY overpriced. Oh, and they sold us a completely misleading Groupon. We were told that major elements of our Groupon were a "typo" and they wouldn't honor. You can get equally good food at Char's Thai for a third of the price. It sucks to lose a favorite place but based on this experience I will NEVER return.

1 Thank Azgator
“Horrible service”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Food is nice but service is so horrible that it is not worth it.
Definitely not going back.
Waited 10 minutes before any one even asked for water.
I got fed up and walked out

1 Thank Foodbuffs64

Been to Neo of Malaka? Share your experiences!