“Gone downhill like a landslide...”
Review of Neo of Malaka

Neo of Malaka
Ranked #1,057 of 1,989 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Malaysian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Gone downhill like a landslide...”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I used to LOVE this place when it was Seri Malaka. We would always take friends and family here when we had visitors. Even my mid-western beef-eating in-laws loved this place. I have not been there since it became Neo of Melaka. SUCKS!!! They cut all of the really good dishes out of their menu, the service was beyond deplorable, and it is WAY overpriced. Oh, and they sold us a completely misleading Groupon. We were told that major elements of our Groupon were a "typo" and they wouldn't honor. You can get equally good food at Char's Thai for a third of the price. It sucks to lose a favorite place but based on this experience I will NEVER return.

1 Thank Azgator

“Horrible service”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Food is nice but service is so horrible that it is not worth it.
Definitely not going back.
Waited 10 minutes before any one even asked for water.
I got fed up and walked out

1 Thank Foodbuffs64
Niceville, Florida
“Best Malaysian/Asian restaurant in Tucson for years!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We used to go to this place when it was still called Seri Melaka in the late nineties. Recently visited again and I must say their food is still as delicious as ever! I suppose the Malaysian kitchen is not very well known in the region, but if you're tired of Chinese buffets or sushi and still want to enjoy asian food; this is the place you're looking for.

They have a wide range of dishes on the menu to include some Indian, Chinese and Mongolian but you should really try the Malaysian recepies. For starters try their potstickers, lettuce wraps or satay and then enjoy the authentic beef rendang or sambal if you're a fan of spicy food. Their nasi lemak tasted so good that it almost made me think I was in Kuala Lumpur.

By the way the atmosphere is (still) nice and this place is perfect for dining with friends but also for dinner for two.

I'll be back but this time I won't wait so long! :D

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank lj_vijgef16
Tucson, Arizona
“Yummy!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Nice menu of Malaysian food. While I have never dined in (only take-out), the food is always hot and tasty by the time I get home. The atmosphere is very soothing with low-lighting, almost no noise, and a very calm, quiet environment, conducive to conversation. Can host large groups as well as singles, couples, etc.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank SusanK0628
Tucson, Arizona
“Asian with a twist”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Food is tasty. Service can be a bit slow. They have updated their decor recently and it has a pleasant atmosphere to enjoy conversation with friends.

Visited May 2012

Been to Neo of Malaka? Share your experiences!