“Good food”

Renee's Organic Oven
Ranked #10 of 2,124 Restaurants in Tucson
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local restaurant with a focus on casual excellence. Our menu offers something great for everyone. We look forward to having you join us here today~ Great service, a thoughtful wine list featuring Arizona wine, SIP certified and make for great menu pairing. Excellent cocktails, beer served in frosty pints and a great happy hour served daily 4-6 and all day Tuesday's & Sunday's Renee's is not a chain and we are not a affiliated with any other restaurant.
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We went there at 5:00 on a Friday night, the cozy dinning room was almost full, they do take reservations. Nice choice of wines, cocktails and beers available. Mostly Italian menu with local sourced ingredients, gluten free options available. We had the humus appetizer,a pizza and the goat cheesecake. Everything was very tasty.

1  Thank Michael R
Renee K, Owner at Renee's Organic Oven, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Thank you Michael for being with us and taking time to share your experience here.
We are always happy to hear such positive words of our little place.
Looking forward to making your next visit... great food and five stars ;)

Reviewed July 24, 2017

A friend and I chose to have lunch at Renee's Organic Oven. The food was very good and the service was also good. The only drawback was that there was a group of women there that had been drinking for some time and very loud. It was so bad we asked to be moved to another table and it was some better but there were also other people that were asking for a table away from this group.

1  Thank 1950gerry

Thank you for being part of our mix! We appreciate your support and you taking time to share your experience.
We look forward to seeing you all again soon during a calmer time of day,

Reviewed July 20, 2017

We've been here a few times and never had the "pleasure" of meeting Renee, herself. Tonight, there was something up with the kitchen because the "appetizer", which was garlic knots came out after over 30 minutes, which was after 2 other table's food came out that ordered after we had. When it arrived with our kid's pizza, the garlic knots were burnt. They did remake them and we got the un-burnt ones within about 5 minutes. Then, my food came out with my husband's about 10 minutes later. Unfortunately, his food was incorrect and they had to remake it. My lasagna, although the top layer of pasta was black and burnt,tasted amazing after I took the top layer off (the chicken on the top was overcooked as well) and the foccacia bread was burnt and inedible because it was so hard. Normally, I would have overlooked a bad night from the cook and been fine with one or so mess-ups.
Unfortunatey, except for the pizza, everything came out wrong or cooked improperly. The sadest part was that Renee, herself, delivered the food and was not what I expected when I called her attention to it. Never have I been so dismissed by an owner like that and for a $60 food bill, an apology would have be the least I'd have expected. We won't be back.

3  Thank Andrew M
Renee K, Owner at Renee's Organic Oven, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

The short answer is, it was a misunderstanding.
I would have gladly removed the $7 if I had known it was not removed.
I apologize for that. We genuinely thought you were all happy enjoying your time here. And that the problem was the garlic knots and that you were happy with the remake.
The long answer is.::
A five top.
An 8 top
A two top
A one top
And another two top were all seated before your table of 4, and should be noted was within five minutes of you. The rest of the dining room as you mentioned was at their starter or dessert course.
Your table of 4 was a walkin table and was quoted 30-40 and you were seated before your quoted time. All tables were greeted, loved and respected as was yours.
A monsoon storm hit and as you know , all arrived once: Your table ordered- a hot tea (steeps 3 minutes) a pizza and garlic knots with all sauces (both baked fresh) as appetizers that arrived to your table in 13 minutes.
While I (Renee) did not deliver those items , I did scoop up the garlic knots, as I saw you needing assistance and you said they were burnt, and I said " would you like me to request them lightly baked"
. The reason I asked was due to sometimes it's just the garlic is off putting to people and sometimes Its truly overcooked and dry... Again my reason for asking was that Sometimes it is a hard based on sight only for your server or expo to tell, this was the case in your instance. You responded "they are burnt". I apologized and I promptly ordered you more. The garlic was dark and so were some areas of the knot, they prepared you new ones with less garlic it actually took about 12 minutes to reach your table.
It is our policy to have given you those free, no judgement, no requirement of what you spent or how many times you had been in. It was an error: we missed. If I would have known Those were not removed I would have gladly as you pointed out given you $6 or $7 dollars off your bill. Not because of what else you bought, BUT out of respect for the money you work hard for and the order not being prepared to your liking. Please note she delivered them, not me. I took them upon your request and replaced them.
The replacement arrived with your meal placing your meal arriving at your table at after your apps at 30-33 minutes. There was an error or miscommunication with the type of noodle being ordered. It was fixed in 2.5 minutes.
The lasagna was delivered by me (Renee) it is pesto, it is green and was prepared as we intend and to my satisfaction. Not by a visual measure could I make out it being overcooked or burnt, and was tempt by our chef as it always is ..: but it is served in a baking boat we bake it at 450 and is served bubbling hot.
If I had known it was not to your liking, I would have responded to that and remedied it.
As you stated you had the "pleasure" of meeting me and I you. We talked..Y'all referenced me being "too young" to own this, we discussed at length the track lighting and when I purchased it in 2005 and all the work your family is doing Elgin Arizona, it's troubling to me that no problem of food or service was an issue or part of our time together.
Once paying the bill and electing to not tip the sever.
At this time a strange conversation occurred,began he stated " will you help me with this" you responded no and left the building. He stated "she is mad and I I am not to tip".
A return visit by her... He is mad not me...: between husband and wife. New for me but one for the books. And either way you both are right you should have received the $7 credit for your patience as we fixed your appetizer.
A simple misunderstanding, a simple solution.

Your server cared for your children, offered stickers to appease a basil on the pizza melt down, your server rushed your order above the literal 18 people before you upon your request, your server cared for you and fixed a misunderstanding as did the kitchen in 2 minutes. I packed up your food (left overs) including extra sauces and the lasagna mentioned.
Nothing was ever mentioned and happiness was to be assumed as conversations mentioned above is all we talked about and I thought was sincere.
I want you to be happy and leave feeling good.
To you as a diner I am sorry.
To this review I must respond with the totality of the experience and respond to why a patron tipping zero and the conversations the two of you brought to me.... is always more to the story worth taking time to share and I need to respond publicly to a public review.
I do desire a better communication with our guests and i know we felt we cared for you and your family while being here with us.
Renee and the Thursday night crew that worked.

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

Great vegan menu but has non-vegan also. Very friendly and reasonably priced. Was busy with lots of locals - a good sign.

Thank you for taking time to share some love with us here!
We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Food came came out HOT and the service was excellent. Refreshing prickly pear lemonade and ice cold beer. Our group had the veggie lasagna, meat lasagna, zucchini pasta and spaghetti with meat sauce...everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Happy hour drink and appetizer specials.

Great to read how much you all enjoyed your experience at ROO - Ice cold beer and lemonade are like a survival kit in these temps!
Happy hour is all day Sunday and Tuesday and from 4-6 Wednesday -Saturday
Cheers!
Thank you for being here and for taking time to share some review love
Renee

Been to Renee's Organic Oven? Share your experiences!