WINNER WONDERLAND

Renee's Organic Oven
Ranked #39 of 1,935 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A local restaurant with a focus on casual excellence. Our menu offers something great for everyone. We look forward to having you join us here today~ Great service, a thoughtful wine list featuring Arizona wine, SIP certified and make for great menu pairing. Excellent cocktails, beer served in frosty pints and a great happy hour served daily 4-6 and all day Tuesday's & Sunday's Renee's is not a chain and we are not a affiliated with any other restaurant.
Arizona
“Fabulous as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

we called ahead for a reservation, so we had a table ready when we arrived. they were busy, but the service was excellent as always. we love that they offer gluten fee options. the hummus tostada is unlike any we've ever had...the sun dried tomatoes made it perfect. MY MOUTH IS WATERING!! so yummy.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank GFLiisa

Phoenix
“Very good outside the box pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The menu at this restaurant is interesting and diverse. Don't go here if all it takes to make you happy is a pepperoni pizza. My husband and I shared the Yucatan pizza which was very good. The table next to us got the Thai curry pizza, and it smelled divine. We also shared the avocado salad, which was a little disappointing. Maybe it read better on the menu than it actually was, but we just thought there was something missing, especially for almost $10. It was mostly lettuce, 1/2 an avocado and a few cashews. While I love, love, love the fact that they use organic ingredients, when did organic become so expensive? Maybe I'm getting cheap in my old age, but our tab, after tax and tip, for one salad and a 12 inch pizza came to almost $40.00. We had no drinks or desserts. I think the cost kept me from giving this restaurant five stars. Service was friendly and it is a cute little restaurant. I'd like to try it again, though I'm not sure I'm prepared to splurge on pizza again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing, intimate, great wholesome food and really attentive staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Before even having a meal here, I was so impressed with how the owner chose to handle an error with my reservation. When we arrived for dinner, there was no reservation in my name and no available seats. Oh well, we went elsewhere. Later that evening, Renee herself left me a voice mail, apologizing and explaining that she had found my name in another book and offering to comp me a dinner. I didn't return the call for about 2 weeks because I had no opportunity to take her up on the offer until then. We got both our meals and dessert for free, and wonderful meals they were! My boyfriend got an excellent chicken and pesto lasagna and I got the veggies and marinara with chicken. For dessert we shared the pineapple cheesecake, homemade, and so fresh. It really was melt-in-your-mouth quality and had a very tasty graham crust. They have a nice wine list, too, including some sulphite-free options, although I would recommend trying one of their drink specials. Sure wish i could remember the name of my drink. A little small but very tasty with the rim of the glass dipped in sugar with a touch of something peppery. The drinks can certainly make the price go up significantly, but if you are on a budget, you can get some interesting pizzas and forgo the drinks. Or just do one of their "sip-and-slice" specials--a glass of wine with a slice of pizza. What a gem of a restaurant, and so close to home. I will definitely go back!

Southern New Mexico
“wonderful pizza, unique atmosphere, cordial staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This little place was tucked away at the corner of a shopping area and it was not easy to spot their sign, but it was well worth searching for! Small, intimate, and relaxing. Interesting menu choices. Very friendly and laid back hostess and waiter. Fresh, hot, delicious food. Moderately priced and worth every penny. We will definitely be returning when we visit Tucson again, and will be recommending it to our friends.

Tucson, Arizona
“Intimate setting, good food, some wine deals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We've been there twice for dinner. Service is good and the menu has interesting choices. Both nights the server told us about half-price specials on bottles of wine. Both times the wine was good -- and good value, fairly close to the price you might pay in a store (vs. a typical restaurant price).

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Renee's Organic Oven? Share your experiences!