“May be time for a change”

Arizona Inn - The Main Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Arizona Inn - The Main Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 2,023 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Elm Street and Campbell
Description: The Arizona Inn is an historic resort spread over 14 tranquil acres of gardens, flowers and lawns in the heart of mid-town Tucson. The Inn offers AAA Four Diamond Award winning dining in our Main Dining Room with cathedral-ceiling and fireplace as well as our more intimate Catlin Room with views of the gardens. The Dining Room provides legendary service in an elegant yet comfortable setting for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Chef Allison combines classic cuisine with seasonal ingredients and innovative techniques. The menus change with the seasons to feature the freshest ingredients. Wine Spectator has recognized the wine list with an Award of Excellence. The Audubon Bar, with live piano music nightly and patio seating, provides a perfect setting for enjoying a classic cocktail.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Inn. Breakfast in the main dining room is always lovely but it seems as though the menu hasn't changed in over eight years. We did have dinner and it was most disappointing. My duck breast was overcooked and my DH's lamb chops were on the small side and very greasy. According to Tucson friends the room was redone this year. The ceiling color was darker but looked almost the same to us. It is a very comfortable room plus you can hear what your guests are saying. A huge plus.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am happy to see that, in this ever changing world where nothing seems to last, that tradition, quality, and elegance seem permanent. This was evident when we visited and ate at the Main Dining Room in the Arizona Inn.

I cousin invited my family and I to eat there to celebrate the birth our daughter. The food was delicious, well presented, the service was flawless and the ambieance historical. The place looks almost as it did when it was opened in the early 1930's. We went in the summer, so there was only another table occupied. In the winter time, it is almost impossible to find a table, I was said. For an original and refreshing beverage, I recommend the prickley pear lemonade.

I recommend it highly to anyone who appreciates good food, ambieance and tradition.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hands down this is the most unique dining venue in Tucson. As with everything else in the Arizona Inn, the dining room is like walking back in time, both in decor, service, and ambiance. However, I found it almost impossible to get a vegan option for breakfast. At breakfast that the blue corn pancakes could not be made without milk- in spite of the fact that I make said milk-free blue corn pancakes at home all the time. Rather than dispute this with the server, I ended up with the only other thing that I could, which the server did arrange- a plate full of fruit. It was so much fresh and delightful fruit that I had snacks for the entire day. I really love the place, but the staff should be more willing to alter a recipe- if in fact everything is made to order- to accommodate a diner's needs. I don't think my request was unreasonable. That being said, one should not miss out on the opportunity to dine in such a lovely environment. I have had many wonderful meals there in the past. But clearly I am not the first vegan breakfast diner?

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I could not have been more pleased with the chicken salad plate with various fresh cut fruint and berries! Great service too! The little chocolate cakes for dessert were decadent! YUMM! I could not even finish it!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

One of the better places in town. Nothing spectacular but above average most of the time. Nice surroundings and quiet enough to carry on a conversation.

Been to Arizona Inn - The Main Dining Room? Share your experiences!