“A lot of Wear and Tear” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Temecula, California
“A lot of Wear and Tear”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The room was not pleasant to look at, but everything worked fine. Don't expect to find what you see on the website photos unless they have recently renovated rooms available. I was tempted to leave but didn't have time to look for another hotel close by that offered the same kitchen amenities. If you can get over the stained carpets and walls, it's a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that was recently renovated.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank ONRACS
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room. As you mentioned, we have some renovated rooms and others to come. These changes will allow us to offer better amenities and correct any issues with cleanliness moving forward.

We are delighted that you stayed at our hotel, and will strive to make your next stay a pleasant one! Feel free to contact us anytime, should you return to Tucson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Felt like I checked in to a crack hotel upon seeing my room. The walls were black, room was dirty, smelled disgusting. So gross! The outside is impressive, don't be fooled! In a pinch, I had to leave and book across the street at Sheraton.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel if you need a clean place to sleep
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank april n
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept my apology. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at TGR@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Orem, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My day started extremely early so I got here at 1:15 PM and wanted to check in. The young man at the front desk said "check-in is not until 3:00". I asked him if he could check to see if there were any rooms that had been cleaned. Certainly there would be by 1:15. He then told me he could not check me in until 3:00. Based on his attitude and the apparent policy not to allow anyone to check in prior to 3:00 I told him to cancel my reservation for 3 nights and I went and found a room where I had no problem checking in at 1:45. So this place blew a $300.00 stay and I won't try to stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't try to check-in before 3:00
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Dale K
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were unable to check into your reservation early. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tgr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
New mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Overall this is a quiet place to stay. I was disappointed with the fact that there is no where to print out an airline boarding pass and the clerks stated they do not do that for the guests. The room was clean except for carpet stains. The kitchenett was lacking a frying pan, there was only a sauce pan. The coffee maker looks to have a replacement pot, which doesn't reach the basket to drip the coffee into the caraf. Cable television, is very minimum and was very snowy on some channels. The bed was very comfortable and I did get good rest at night. The air conditioner is very noisy, it is an older hotel, which appears to be getting renovated slowly. There was no smoke detector in the room, wires were hanging from the ceiling where the smoke detector used to be. Their complimentary breakfrast is a very minimal continental breakfast with packaged muffins, some oranges and apples and coffee. WiFi was descent thank god, as I could atleast see the rest of the Superbowl on my computer clearly. The staff is very friendly however, unhelpful with accomadating with being able to print a document.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank ElviaB
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our front desk attendant would not print a boarding pass out for you. I am going over the policies with the staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tgr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Canmore, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at the motel for eight nights and found it was good value for the price. The room was clean and the location was really good. It is within walking distance of a grocery store, movie theatre, restaurants and coffee shops. The service was good and the laundry room was convenient and clean.
I wish there would have been a few more kitchen essentials. I stayed on the ground floor near the road and found it to be quite noisy. People who weren't staying on the ground floor had no problem with noise from traffic.
I went there on a cycling trip and if I go back to Tucson, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor in rooms near the main road.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sara P
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time to write such a great review about your experience at Extended Stay America- Tucson location. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. I do understand your comment about the road noise. The road construction around the area ( they are widening both East and Westbound lanes) definitely contributes to that.The good news is they will be done in 3 months.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you again. Please don't hesitate to contact us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I just called ( 1/3/2012 @ 4:45 pm) A male answered the phone, He did not give out his name. I asked for availability on rooms with 2 beds, he rudely stated they didnt have any available and then hung up on me.. before i could even check on another date. I work for a Merchandising company and i only book long term group reservations.. Wont be calling them again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank vaeblek
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us at Extended Stay America- Tucson. I sincerely apologize that there were issues about the reservation process. We have looked into them and corrected it to prevent it from happening with future guests. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience next time.
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

we stayed at these apartments for 1 week because of location, we requested a non-smoking room on the back of the complex after reading other reviews, The room had a queen size double bed, air conditioning, relaxing arm chair, TV, work space/desk, small dinning table and 2 chairs clothes hanging rack, kitchen facilities consisted of sink, large fridge, microwave, 2 ring hob, cups, pans, cutlery the room was clean and comfortable, the bathroom was good size with bath and a shower over bath, lots of hot water, clean towels, flannels, shampoo,soap
only niggles about complex, no area to sit/relax outside, people were having BBQ's in the car park!!! our non-smoking room was spoilt by the cleaners, who smoked on the back stairwell, so our non-smoking room was a farce!!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the back are quieter....but no view of the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda A
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that your stay was satisfactory. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.