“Always Fresh”

Sweet Tomatoes
Ranked #223 of 2,021 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Sweet Tomatoes features made-from-scratch soups and salads and handcrafted muffins, Focaccia, breads, and desserts. The menu is built around freshly made, great-tasting, wholesome recipes with a 55-foot salad bar full of fresh, seasonal vegetables and tossed salads prepared exhibition-style every 20 minutes. Sweet Tomatoes provides its guests with an excellent value by offering unlimited access to its entire menu of high quality fresh items at a fixed price.
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is always delightful. The salad bar is always fresh; always full. The soup bar is fresh and hot.

The only negative issue is kids are allowed to run wild and squeal!! Parents...please!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The selection is great, and we can eat whatever and however much we want for a very good price. Every time we visit Tucson, we eat here at least once. It is easy, quick, nutritious (if you make good choices), and full of variety. I think it is one of the best buffet chains anywhere. I wish we had one in Oregon.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was a typical Sweet Tomatoes. The food line had lots of selections and was very clean. Our party of 15 was able to pull tables together to make room for everyone.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The salad bar offers so many fresh items. There are several delicious homemade soups and chili to choose from. I love the brown bread and flavored butter. There is always pizza and other italian goodies including pastas. The kids love the mac and cheese, pizza and soft serve ice cream bar. There is fresh fruit and small desert bar. Couldn't ask for more.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

After loading my plate with a pretty good-LOOKING pile of food, I paid the awesome cashier for our family. OK, back to the cashier because, had it not been for her, this would have been my first 1-star review. She was friendly, helpful and awesome. OK, maybe calling my grand-daughter "your daughter" made this old guy feel good, but anyway; she was really nice.

Now to the food. Ouch. Horrible flavors. Of the whole plate-full of food; NOTHING tasted good to me. My wife pushed over some cheapo mac & cheese, which turned out to be the highlight. Sad. Why 3 star review? 1 for food, 4 for service = 5 divided by 2 = 2.5, rounded up = 3 stars.

On the other hand, one of my daughters had two platefulls... maybe I am just a jerk.

1  Thank ShootInJH

Been to Sweet Tomatoes? Share your experiences!