New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Prep & Pastry
Ranked #14 of 1,907 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tucson, Arizona
“GREAT NEW ADDITION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

It's hard to keep up with all the options in Tucson. Such a great restaurant city for it's size, and here comes another one.. Great food, staff and creative menu. First time, but it won't be our last....
Prices are very reasonable...

Harper Woods, Michigan
“Great food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I visited on a Sunday around 11:00am and it was really busy but the staff was exceptionally friendly. Because I was alone, I opted to sit at the bar and was seated right away. Since I was driving, I skipped the impressive cocktail list but would love to go back and try one or two of the specialty mimosas. Instead I had the grapefruit juice, sweet potato hash and bacon. All were served promptly and everything tasted really good. Lots of local fresh menu items. The servers were all was young, energetic and pleasant. If I were based in Tucson, this would be a regular stop for me.

Tucson, Arizona
“A Happy New Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My daughter and I search for new places to meet for lunch. At her suggestion we met at Prep and Pastry, a new restaurant on Campbell near Fort Lowell and loved it. The decor is particularly warm and bright, the ambiance is lively and fun, and the service is friendly and welcoming. I had a very good cheese omelet with hash and my daughter had a large, delicious looking grilled cheese sandwich with tomato bisque soup. The folks sitting next to us had the Bacon Lucy (double patty, bacon, gruyere, egg, and thousand island on a brioche bun) and said it was delicious. It's what I'll have the next time. In fact, all the sandwiches looked pretty amazing. There's ample parking. The restaurant has an outdoor eating area, which may be useful when the weather cools off. By noon, I couldn't see an empty table inside. I'll certainly go back.

United States
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went for brunch and came away totally satisfied. The only substandard item that we ate was the cronut. Dry and cardboardy otherwise all the food we ordered was superb. Will definitely eat there again when I am in Tucson next.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
Cedar Falls, IA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Foodie Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This place is clearly run by people who love what they do. The pork belly was perfect and, amazingly, not heavy and greasy as the name might imply. The fennel and apple slaw made the flavors blend perfectly. Rose flavor in the green tea was a unique treat. Service was friendly and fast. The owner came to the table and chatted with us. Decor is friendly and welcoming. This is pretty much everything a food lover wants in a breakfast place.