“The Finest”

Neighborhood: West University
Tucson, az
“The Finest”
Reviewed March 31, 2009

The first time that I went to dine at Joel's Bistro was when I was in Highschool and even back then, I remember being impressed by the time, effort, and detail that Joel puts into every dish. The flavors explode at you, and your nostrils tingle with delight from the wide array of aromas that fill the room. If could, I would be at Joel's Bistro everyday trying every concoction that he's come up with just so I go home and tell everyone about it. His Crepes are amazing, and so is everything else. And if you like French Onion soup, Joel makes it the best. I have never, and will never have a soup as authentic, mouth-watering, or is as delicious as the soup Joel serves up.

Also, make sure to try his specials! Once he specially made Chicken Alfredo, and I nearly died. So incredible!

The waiting staff is very polite and quick. On occasion, Joel will be so slow (because it is a small place and tucked away), that he'll have to let his staff go, but I like this even more. There's nothing more satisfying than having your waiter, and your chef be the same... and at Joel's he's also your friend. Seeing has he has a BYO Wine policy, I only thought it polite to offer some to Joel.

I'll be going to Joel's Bistro as long as its around for that amazing taste dinning experience! I recommend everyone tries it!

Las Vegas, Nevada - USA
“Open for Breakfast Near the University Campus”
Reviewed May 26, 2008

My family and I were looking for a place to eat on a Sunday morning for breakfast. It was actually difficult to find something, so we ended up in the area of the University of Arizona, and found that Joel’s Bistro was open. The bistro is in a former house and seating is inside and outside. When we arrived, there was only one employee working, so service was slow. However, there was a nice enough selection of breakfast choices.

I ordered hot chocolate, which arrived in an extra large mug. My family ordered coffee. They saw the waitress grinding the coffee beans to make the coffee but it tasted burned to both of them.

The meal started with a basket of hot French bread (baguettes) that were wonderful. Our breakfast then arrived. My husband enjoyed the home potatoes but I felt they were overcooked in oil and no actual potato flavor – too greasy. I also did not like the bacon because it was full of fat but my husband liked those as well. However, the sausage was wonderful. I can’t eat eggs, so the restaurant accommodated me with a substitute pancake instead.

The restaurant was not fantastic but is pleasant for a meal at a different place.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Joel knows how to make soups. Be sure and have his clam chowder, tomato-basil, and FRENCH ONION. Also, the Ultimate...”
Reviewed May 23, 2008

Joel knows how to make soups. Be sure and have his clam chowder, tomato-basil, and FRENCH ONION. Also, the Ultimate Eggs Benedict and crepes are awesome most of the time. They don't have a license to serve alcohol but they let you BRING IN YOUR OWN WINE. How French!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook