“Nice!”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: INA
Description: Bluefin is an upscale seafood bistro reminiscent of New Orleans with finer dining on the second floor and a hip indoor/outdoor bar on the first. Bluefin specializes in fish flown in from all over the world, as well as live Maine lobster, Alaskan crab legs and our crowd-pleasing bouillabaisse. The eclectic wine list has offerings from all over the world, several by the glass selections.
Denver, CO
“Nice!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Delicious caesar salad with fresh anchovies - yum! Each dish - scallops and mahi mahi - were wonderful with interesting sides and sauces. Attentive wait staff, great service. Would definitely go back!

Visited March 2013

Chatham, New Jersey
“Great Seafood experience in the desert”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

While it can't rival fresh Cape Cod seafood that we experience every summer, it's a great seafood experience that exceeded our desert vacation expectations. Set in an upscale mall it has nice indoor and outdoor seating and a great set of seafood options.

Medford, Oregon
“A Great Find”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Found this on our Garmin while looking for something seafood but not chain. It was 5 miles off I-10 but well worth the trip. Food was very well prepared; I was especially taken with their Asian slaw -- flavorful and light. The service was impeccable -- not intrusive. A nice spot to relax after a long day in the car.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank MaureenS538
Cherry Hills Village, CO
“Good but not great”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This restaurant does a nice job if you are looking for basic but not fancy cuisine. Things as said in the title were good but not great. The fish and chips looked awesome at the next table but that is not what I go out to a fine dining restaurant restaurant for. My wife's scallops were again good but not great. The NE clam chowder was however excellent. I had trout which... You guessed it! The service was not over accommodating to my wife's special dietary needs. A good restaurant for those who desire basic but not elegant cuisine. Large portions of home style food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Charles B
Taipei, Taiwan
“Good Happy Hour Deals”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've been here a few times after hearing great reviews... unfortunately, I have not been super impressed. I keep going back though trying to get a really good meal- I still have hope!

We went for brunch and the menu was fine, limited compared to the full menu, which is to be expected. I ordered the BLUE CRAB CAKES, spicy green tartar sauce, mesclun green salad. 15 which were super tasty, but extremely small. I usually take home half my meals anyways, but this wasn't even enough to fill me up! Very nice flavor though. We also had the CASHEW CRUSTED HAWAIIAN FISH, ginger butter, Texmati rice, sautéed spinach, sweet potato chips. 15. which to be honest, was just alright. I was hoping that a seafood place would have something more exciting than Mahi mahi on its menu. Both of these options were on the brunch menu, but for some reason we were told that they were not available for brunch...in the end the server brought them to us with no explanation...

Our table also had the MAINE LOBSTER ROLL, caper mayonnaise, red pepper, celery, scallion, coleslaw, handcut fries. 16, which looked good, but the person eating it didn't comment.They also ordered TRADITIONAL EGGS BENEDICT, English muffin, Canadian bacon, poached eggs, béarnaise. 9.5..which they didn't like (I thought it looked good..)

We tried both the FRESH PACIFIC NORTHWEST OYSTERS and the GULF OF MEXICO OYSTERS. I enjoyed them quite a lot. I had a cocktail, but the server had never made it before and she seemed very confused about putting it together, and was even more surprised when I told her that it was actually very good!

After we finished our meal, we were all so hungry that we each ordered a dessert (we usually do not eat desserts)..when they came, we were shocked! they were massive! We had to box them up to take home and ended up sharing only one between the 4 of us. I thought this a bit strange considering the portion sizes of the mains to be so small..the deserts were all excellent-I had some bread pudding/run concoction- amazing.

The next time we came was for Happy Hour (Daily 4:30-6:30). We entered the restaurant and the host looked at us like we were someplace we shouldn't have been and asked what we wanted!!! um...We want to sit down and eat!!!?

We ordered the STEAMED BLACK MUSSELS (7), as did most everyone else around us, but we were really, really surprised to see that they arrived with the cling film still on them, and the bowl really hot- this obviously came out of the microwave! The clams and muscles (we got a mix portion) were all overcooked and rubbery! What a disappointment. The oysters, which were great on our previous visit, were all shucked incorrectly! Each and every oyster had bits of shell in. We attempted to get the attention of the bar staff, but there were so busy that it was impossible. We couldn't even get bread from bar staff/or servers...in the end we had to grab a bus boy who ended up serving us. To be fair, they were really busy on this day, but I felt really let down by the quality of the food.

I did enjoy the Happy Hour vibe- there were tons of people there...and the patio is a great place to sit.

I will give this place one more try...I am determined to like it....I hope they impress us a bit more the next time.

• Visited February 2013