“Home Sweet Home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn
Ranked #11 of 48 Tucson B&B and Inns
NE
“Home Sweet Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2007

This is a very charming B & B. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is traveling to Tucson. We found the rooms to be very clean and tastefully decorated. The refrigerator and the cupboards were very well stalked and everything was very fresh. There is a great porch on the house with plenty of comfy rocking chairs to sit on and take in the view of the historic area of Old Tucson. If you want to feel like your at home away from home, this is the place!

• Liked — Thie charm and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — On street parking.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tucson AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2007

I had a casita with bedroom, full kitchen and bathroom w/big shower. The main house is a true looker on the outside. The owners were always around when I had questions. The property had problems but none that were not being addressed by the owners. The location was excellent. Right by the University and Fourth Ave, I could walk to drink, eat, or shop. Parking is street but there was never an issue with spots available directly along the house. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. In fact I plan to do so for the sole pupose of going out and drinking without having to drive aftwerwards.

The room was accomodated with wireless internet, TV and DVD player. Didn't want to be inside as much as I was but since I had to be, the DVD player came in damn handy.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — hot water was slow to arrive
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank topcatken
arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Blue House in the Zen Room, and had a great weekend. There was a small kitchen, which was decently stocked. The room itself was gorgeous and done very well. The location was incredible, and was close to everything. If you are looking to stay anywhere near 4th Ave. in Tucson, this is the place for you!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2007

We stayed a couple of nights at the Big Blue House in May of '07 and it was great. We're considering moving to Tucson and wanted to check out some of the central, historic neighborhoods as that would be where we'd most likely want to live, so we spent two nights there and two at another place on the other side of the UofA Campus. Located in The West University neighborhood, the BBH offers super easy access to everything interesting in Tucson's central area. The room was clean and comfortable, pleasantly decorated and offerred everything we needed in the way of conveniences. Spending time on the porch in the morning with coffee or in the evening with a beverage, watching Tucsonans stroll/bike by is beyond pleasant. It's also great knowing that you're staying in one of the architectural jewels of historic Tucson while it's being lovingly restored. The hosts are pleasant and helpful. I can think of nothing negative to say.

• Stayed June 2007
1 Thank travisA
hillsborough,new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2007

The rooms here are adorable and are a plus feature in comfort. The welcome features of the food left in the refrigerator upon our arrival was a delight. The rooms were as clean as could be. The owners are there for any need you have. Just look at the outside of the house and see the care and lovely decor, you get the feeling of happiness.
Well worth the charge and more.
Pat

Stayed May 2007
rathdrum,id
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2007

My husband and I stayed at The Big Blue House and were very suprised with the service we received. We received everything we expected and much more. The owners were fantastic with trying to accomodate all of our needs. The rooms were some of the cleanest and most comfortable rooms we have ever stayed in. The beds were fantastic, I haven't slept that sound in a very long time...not even in my own bed. We really enjoyed all of the fresh fruit and muffins. All in all our stay was excellent. We really recomend staying at The Big Blue House if you are looking to take a trip to Tucson. Did I mention it is located just walking distance from everything.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the rooms
  • Disliked — how hot it was in tucson
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2007

I have recently had the pleasure of staying at the Big Blue house in Tucson for the last four nights and I can tell you the experience is much better than a chain hotel. The two rooms my party and I occupied were both clean and charming. The refrigerators were stocked, per our request, with the items we asked for ahead of time and I enjoyed sitting on the porch and drinking my coffee every morning. The location of the property was close and convenient to the university area and the restaurants. I thought that the owners were not only accommodating but also concerned for our comfort and they had all the answers to all our questions. I, we, truly enjoyed our stay at the Big Blue House.

• Liked — Home away from home feel.
  • Disliked — A little difficult to find with no signs.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business