“Great place to stay!”

The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn
Ranked #10 of 45 Tucson B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 18, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Blue House in the Zen Room, and had a great weekend. There was a small kitchen, which was decently stocked. The room itself was gorgeous and done very well. The location was incredible, and was close to everything. If you are looking to stay anywhere near 4th Ave. in Tucson, this is the place for you!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2007

We stayed a couple of nights at the Big Blue House in May of '07 and it was great. We're considering moving to Tucson and wanted to check out some of the central, historic neighborhoods as that would be where we'd most likely want to live, so we spent two nights there and two at another place on the other side of the UofA Campus. Located in The West University neighborhood, the BBH offers super easy access to everything interesting in Tucson's central area. The room was clean and comfortable, pleasantly decorated and offerred everything we needed in the way of conveniences. Spending time on the porch in the morning with coffee or in the evening with a beverage, watching Tucsonans stroll/bike by is beyond pleasant. It's also great knowing that you're staying in one of the architectural jewels of historic Tucson while it's being lovingly restored. The hosts are pleasant and helpful. I can think of nothing negative to say.

1  Thank travisA
Reviewed May 19, 2007

The rooms here are adorable and are a plus feature in comfort. The welcome features of the food left in the refrigerator upon our arrival was a delight. The rooms were as clean as could be. The owners are there for any need you have. Just look at the outside of the house and see the care and lovely decor, you get the feeling of happiness.
Well worth the charge and more.
Pat

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed April 2, 2007

My husband and I stayed at The Big Blue House and were very suprised with the service we received. We received everything we expected and much more. The owners were fantastic with trying to accomodate all of our needs. The rooms were some of the cleanest and most comfortable rooms we have ever stayed in. The beds were fantastic, I haven't slept that sound in a very long time...not even in my own bed. We really enjoyed all of the fresh fruit and muffins. All in all our stay was excellent. We really recomend staying at The Big Blue House if you are looking to take a trip to Tucson. Did I mention it is located just walking distance from everything.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I have recently had the pleasure of staying at the Big Blue house in Tucson for the last four nights and I can tell you the experience is much better than a chain hotel. The two rooms my party and I occupied were both clean and charming. The refrigerators were stocked, per our request, with the items we asked for ahead of time and I enjoyed sitting on the porch and drinking my coffee every morning. The location of the property was close and convenient to the university area and the restaurants. I thought that the owners were not only accommodating but also concerned for our comfort and they had all the answers to all our questions. I, we, truly enjoyed our stay at the Big Blue House.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2007

We were extremely disappointed with our stay at the Big Blue House. To be honest, the rooms weren't at all clean and that was VERY upsetting to me, to say the least.
In addition, the items we were told would be provided -
“Fresh fruit, apple juice, orange juice, yogurt, pastries, hot and cold cereal and milk.”
Were NOT. With the exception of the cold cereal and small carton of milk that had been opened (!), there was no fruit, no yogurt, no juice, no pastries, and no half and half, which I specifically requested (I don’t count the little containers on the counter that were gosh knows how old and were not refrigerated). Also the coffee, which I also specifically inquired about, was not ground correctly for the drip coffee pot that was there, and the filters did not match the pot either. Did I mention the eggs were expired? The inside of the refridgerator was disgusting.
Did I complain at the time? No, it was a birthday gift for my friend and I didn't want to ruin her experience any further. I did email them later and their explanation was; 1) she forgot all that stuff we were supposed to get, and 2) they don't really bill themselves as a breakfast place and the rates are comensurate so "we shouldn't have expected that much in the way of food."
Really? Well then you probably shouldn't advertise something you are not going to provide.

All in all, it was terrible. But we did at least have a good time in Tucson seeing the sites.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
WestU, Owner at The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2007

Needless to say, we are surprised that this guest was disappointed. The average stay with The Big Blue House is more that 4 days and we have been running 100% occupied. This guest showed up for a surprise early check in and interrupted the "cleaning and setting up" process of the room. Later, the guest did not answer the door when housekeeping came back to finish.
We sincerely wish the guest had let us know that when they checked in early everything had not been completed to our normal standards, so they could have left the Big Blue House as happy as everyone else has done so far...

Lea Ramsey, owner

Reviewed March 17, 2007

This is a fine place to stay, especially if you have business at the University of Arizona. The owners maintain two bikes for guest use, and even let my son take his linens for an overnight recruiting stay at the UoA. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room, and food shopping and good Mexican restaurants were within walking distance. At least for us, this was a much better choice than staying in a chain hotel.

Stayed: March 2007