The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn
$94
$76
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$75
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$84
$62
$124
$95
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$93
$101
$189
$149
  • Restaurant
All reviewswrap around porchhemingway roomfiltered watercharming b bsafe neighborhoodwithin walking distanceenjoyed our stayplace to staya wonderful stayfull kitchenbed and breakfastgreat amenitiesevery morningleauniversitykitchenettehosts
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I wanted a special place that truly gave my visiting German family a "flavor" of Tucson. This place was AMAZING: the house is a beautiful historic home that has been renovated with obvious love, the decor is tasteful, the setting is inspiring, and the owners are wonderful. They treated my family well. They have been coming to the United States for 20 years, but this was my German family's first time in Tucson. They said the Big Blue House was the best place they have stayed in all their 20 years. It had so much character, and felt as though you were coming home. Every room is decorated with a tasteful eye and with a lot of care. We enjoyed sitting outside on the porch in the evenings and talking, even eating a meal or two. It was a treat for me, too, just coming to spend time with them.

I liked that the was so close to both the University of Arizona, 4th Avenue, and downtown Tucson so they could walk, bike or drive to restaurants, shopping, museums, and more. They did a lot on their own in the nearby area, and Lea had great information and provided personalized recommendations to help them decide what attractions to visit.

I will recommend this place to anyone and everyone! I am a proud Tucsonan and this places does our community proud. Kudos to Ken and Lea!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Last weekend, I had to make a trip to Tucson for a training session. Even though I forgot to
call with my confirmation number and our room was cancelled, the owners still had a room available. We would gladly stay again. Loved the room and its mixture of antiques and Art Deco pieces. The owners were helpful and told us about the closest shopping and suggested a place to listen to live music. This was our first BedNBreakfast experience and it was great! Should the opportunity arise to visit Tucson again, this will be my first choice for a place to stay and next time, I will remember to call and confirm.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 513Lucinda513
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This house is beautiful and I wish there were more like this. The owners have transformed this great historic house into a fantastic bed and breakfast which really retains the feeling of a home. Our room was full of antique furniture, the bed was huge (as was the tv on the wall). Breakfast was provided every day via a little fridge in the room - juices, yoghurt, pastry, cereals, fruit. It meant you could have breakfast in the privacy of your room - in our case sitting at an oak chess desk and looking out onto the neighbourhood houses which are also very beautiful.
The location is excellent - walking distance to 4th ave and downtown as well as the university. I have to say I really enjoyed my 4 day stay in Tucson, it is a great funky place surrounded by breathtaking nature. The Big Blue House is not cheap - but it is absolutely worth it!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teekake
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Very comfortable stay in one of the Old Pueblo's older residences. Owners are fun to talk with and knowledgeable of the area history and current events. House has been updated to include modern necessities (wi-fi, hdtv, etc), but retained 19th century charm. Location is walking distance to historic downtown and University of Arizona. Complimentary in-room snacks, juices, coffee and tea is a real bonus.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed April 30, 2012

All or our family went down for my youngest sister's wedding and wanted a place close to the U of A, 4th Ave and the El Presidio and downtown area. It was the right spot. Great porch to have coffee on in the morning and well kept, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for bottom floor if you are over 6 feet tall.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family