“Great place for a concert.”

St. Philip's in the Hills
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We attended a chamber music concert here. The courtyard is pleasant and the church has traditional pews. The main attraction is the huge arched window behind both the altar and the performers. We met one of the musicians and she said she was tempted to turn away from the audience to take in the mountain views.

There are newer reviews for St. Philip's in the Hills

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a beautiful place to worship. The huge arched window behind the altar looks out on God's creation and is awe inspiring. The music is always wonderful and often spectacular. For several years I drove all the way across town to worship here. However, the congregation was not that welcoming, and after several years I did not know one person by name. Eventually, I needed a church where I felt at home. So...my church is not as beautiful and the music not quite as spectacular, but I felt welcomed and at home from the moment I walked in. I went for their Christmas Cantata and never left. St. Phillips needs to work on their 'friendly'.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Beautiful church building with a gorgeous view of the Catalinas.

2  Thank Tucsongrma
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Relaxing to walk gardens and visit church. Great example historic Joesler southwestern adobe architecture. Stunning altar with views of mountains.

3  Thank H T