“Fun, but shows some wear”

Funtasticks Family Fun Park
Ranked #115 of 315 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Funtasticks Family Fun Park- With tons of entertainment to choose from for your entire family, Funtasticks offers something for the kid in all of us. Including Tucson's Largest Indoor Laser Tag Arena, Miniature Golf, Go-Karts, Bumper Boats, Tucson's Only 5 Ride Kiddie Land, Arcade, Batting Cages, and Snack Bar! We also host special events from birthdays to corporate events, Funtasticks is your one-stop adventure destination.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went to Funtasticks on a Monday night with my family of four. When we walked into the main building the place was nearly empty, so we didn't have to wait long for our mini-golf clubs and go-kart passes. We started with the "Mayan Ruins" golf course. There were one or two holes where the turf was damaged or coming up in places, but overall we enjoyed ourselves. After returning our clubs we went over to the go-kart track. The young man in charge seemed rather surly and bored, but I don't blame him- I can't imagine his job is extremely stimulating. We really enjoyed the go-karts, but be warned that one or two of the karts are significantly slower than the rest and were lapped several times during our run. If you have extremely competitive children (or adults) in your group you may want to be aware of this. Overall, Funtasticks was a fun and reasonably-priced evening for our family.

All reviews
"thrill"
"height"
"activity"

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Our kids ask to go often. Located across town from us, it is not always convenient to go. When we do, we try to remember to ask about their military specials (which vary). Mini golf is always on our list of must-dos when we go. Their turf really needs to be re-done, they have sort of rigged the bad spots which can make your game difficult. We are competitive. The kids can go on most rides, and we are looking forward to trying laser tag within a couple of years (kids are 6 & 8).

Reviewed June 24, 2012

To start, there were hardly any staff members available, which means you have to wait 15-20 minutes to get on any ride. Many of the rides weren't even working, and the ones that were - didn't work well and appeared dirty and old. The attendant had to actually stop the rollercoaster with his hand and not a button...which says something.

Bumper boats was a total waste of time. Many of the boats just would not go, and the attendant failed to even let you know that most the boats were dying until after the ride. I literally sat in the corner the whole time.

The wrist band deal is ridiculous for adults. They fail to mention that adults cannot ride with their kids on the kiddie rides...so you pretty much pay $16 for mini golf and an overall crummy time. I would not recommend this place to anyone and will never go back. Walked out with a refund.

2  Thank Amy G
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Clean ,courtious staff. I found bumper boats and go-carts fine. My two Grand-kids got a lot done in a two hourtime frame. Grandpa is going in the fall when its cooler was a hoot. Acade was clean and fun also . Was too hot for golf.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I'll start off with the good. The laser tag is very fun, not so much for little kids, but it's the best thing the park has to offer. If it was up to me, I would just go there for laser tag and nothing else. The go-karts were decent, needs a little work.
Now for the bad. When you first walk in, it's like smelling a dead corpse. Honestly, I would recommend some air freshener, but I know that wouldn't help. The longer I was there, I was able to see how dirty the park really was. The bathrooms were disgusting. I do blame the customers that go there for not flushing the toilet, but when I see overflowing trash, empty soap, no toilet paper, nasty floors and a paper towel machine that I don't think has ever worked, I don't think that's the customers. They need to hire more people to actually take care of the park even when it is busy, because it seems as though there is no one available to do any cleaning. The arcade games are decent, but some of them are really outdated. Once you go outside, it seems alright until you go to the golf courses. The carpet looks awful and the half snake with a poorly repaired head looks questionable. They just need to fix everything involving golf. Regarding the staff, most of the kids that work there are nice, they just look like they hate their job a little. There are some good things about this place, but the bad things override.

2  Thank Gina S