“Fox Theater Lack Security”
Review of Fox Theater

Fox Theater
Ranked #1 of 42 Fun & Games in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking
Tucson, Arizona
“Fox Theater Lack Security”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am still very upset about the lack of security at Fox Theater for the Aaron Lewis concert of March 7th, 2013 and I think Tucson should be made aware of the problem. Fox Theater keeps deleting my posts on their Facebook page and has not responded to my email. The Explorer, who reported on the concert, conveniently left the whole incident out. If you need verification, check out Aaron Lewis’s Facebook page with almost 200,000 followers and with many apologies from embarrassed Tucsonans.
This was my first time seeing a concert at Fox, although I have seen a few movies here. I arrived and was offered upgraded seats. Score one for Fox! The venue is beautiful with great acoustics and small, so every seat is pretty great.
As soon as Aaron Lewis went on, a very large drunk group of loud people stumbled in from the bar, obviously intoxicated. They were disruptive and obnoxious for the ENTIRE concert. If this had been an outside venue it would not have been as noticeable, but it wasn’t. In addition, a lot of the songs were acoustic, which made it even more noticeable.
Aaron tried to get them to stop yelling for like a minute and they got worse. He bantered back and forth with them and finally got so irritated he stopped talking, quickly played his last two songs, and left, visibly pissed off.
My biggest fear was that the guys in front of me were going to jump across the aisle and pound the crap out of the guy who was the worst offender. They were ready the whole time but kept their composure.
On my way out I complained to the Fox manager, who was unsympathetic and seemed put-off that I would even mention it. He said there was nothing he could do unless the guy threatened someone. That is not true and we all know it. I am a teacher and we do something called “proximity” to make students behave. It’s amazing how just standing near someone makes them behave, especially if it someone in authority like a security guard or police officer. That was all that needed to happen. I even saw a TPD officer casually chatting it up in the lobby with some staff, oblivious to what was going on inside.
When I left the theater, many people were yelling at this patron and waiting outside for him. They all wanted to “have a word” with him when he came out. I didn’t stick around to see what happened, but I saw a lot of posts on Facebook and of course Fox took down all the posts on their page that referred to the incident.
Fox Theater is trying to bring in more popular bands which is great, but I won’t go back. If Fox is going to serve alcohol, they must to a better job of keeping patrons safe. The manager was more concerned about protecting the drunk’s right to scream than the rest of our right to be able to hear a concert from a talented musician we paid to see.

Visited March 2013

Mirabel, Qc
216 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 372 helpful votes
“Beautiful Art Deco renovated theater”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very classy historic Art Deco architecture.
The Fox has been renovated and offers comfortable seating and great sound.
We wet to see Wynonna and loved it (and loved her too :)
Very easy to park for a minimal cost, close to the Fox (check the parkings on Stone st. corner Ochoa st.)

Visited February 2013
Tucson, Arizona, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Classy entertainment venue”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went to see a Hawaiian slack-key guitar player and the show was intimate and of great quality. Love the FOX riser on the outside of the building - reminiscent of years of the great movie palaces. The art deco inspired interior has been beautifully restored.

Visited February 2013
Tucson, AZ
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“One of my Favorite Venues”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This beautifully restored theater makes a great venue for a concert or a movie. I have seen multiple concerts here. Since this is a relatively small theater, there isn't a bad seat. My husband and I prefer the balcony Loge seats (you pay one price for a loveseat type seat-Usually double the ticket price but it's for 2 seats and this is why). There is both and upstairs and downstairs concessions stand where popcorn and drinks are sold. You can feel comfortable in Jeans or dressed to the nines here. Acoustics have always been great here. We have been here often and only had issues with parking once or twice, the only other issue, was that since all tickets had to be picked up at will call, the line moved very slowly and it was getting frustrating for all. This too, only happened once or twice. Overall, this is one of my favorite places to see a concert in Tucson.

Visited January 2013
Tucson, AZ
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Downtown Tucson thrives at the Fox”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I remember Saturday morning cartoons from the balcony at the Fox. Now I enjoy Russian ballet, Bollywood festivals and top-notch blues artists, along with classic films and local dance studio recitals. This is downtown Tucson revival at it's finest.