“One of the best places to ride”
Review of Cocoraque Ranch

Cocoraque Ranch
Ranked #137 of 302 things to do in Tucson
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My family of 4 adults rode while on vacation in September. The ranch entrance is a little bit hard to find, but once you get there, you are in for a great time. We were met by Van, the wrangler who saddled up the horses geared to each rider's experience. This is a working cattle ranch and the horses are not your typical trail horses. We rode for 4 hours, not nose to tail, but however we wanted. Van was very knowledgable about the area and was a lot of fun. Almost felt like we were friends by the time we returned to the stable. Price is reasonable...$85 for 4 hours....and of course a tip. Our family will definitely go back next time we are in the Tucson area.

4  Thank Ruth G

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Took my two twenty one year old daughters for a sunset ride on September 15th, 2013. It was relaxing and and fun, With the sun gong down it made it the perfect weather. We thought it was a excellent way to spend a Sunday evening.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I purchased a deal through living social in Aoril for two one hour trail rides. Every time I called to schedule I either got a voicemail or someone telling me to call back because he was on a ride and couldn't schedule at that moment. I left countless messages that were never returned. Needless to say after months of calling I finally got ahold of someone in September. We scheduled a ride for October 20. When I showed up THERE WAS NO ONE THERE. I called and was told that he "would not take the blame for this and this it must be my mistake". Really?! I called the owner who yelled and called me a liar and then hung up on me. After hanging up on me he sent me a TEXT MESSAGE asking for my address. When I asked what it was for, he said a refund. I have waited two weeks and got nothing. When I text him he told me "CALL LIVING SOCIAL FOR A REFUND, DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN". Do not give these guys your money until you're ready to ride. Once they have it, you are no longer a priority. Go somewhere else, like Pantano Riding Stables. They are much friendlier there.BTW, I debated whethere to post a picture of the nasty text message this man sent me, however it shows his phone number and i'm not sure of the policy on here, but if anyone is thinking of sill going and wants to see it, i'm happy to share!

6  Thank Kendra J
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I decided to go riding here when I visited Tucson for my sisters softball tournament. As a heavier person, I was pleasantly surprised when they said my weight was not an issue for the horse. Our trail boss was awesome and answered any questions with ease. This is also not your typical nose-to-tail trail ride. The trail boss encouraged us to spread out(within yelling distance) and explore the land. The horses were treated very well and were in good health as well as being even tempered. The price for e ride was a great deal even without a coupon. I will definitely visit here again!

3  Thank Rebecca E