“Loved the place & the snow!”

Sam Hughes Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 45 Tucson B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 13, 2007

We had a great stay at this inn. I was at a conference, so needed to be close to the university and my husband was on vacation. We had very nice breakfasts, so we did not need lunch. Susan helped us with a restaurant review list so we found excellent meals for dinner. We had a car but I think one could have managed without except to get to and from the inn. The inn had a wonderful garden and excellent room which had the incidentals one needs that the airlines give you trouble over. It was an excellent choice and priced below the local hotel rooms.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank helloPortTownsend

Reviewed February 3, 2007

My friend and I spent 4 nights at this beautiful, southwestern Inn. It is located in an historic neighborhood in Tucson. The innkeeper, Susan Banner, is a warm friendly host. She makes a beautiful breakfast evey morning and is available for questions, directions and conversation. It felt like staying with a friend. I would definitely go back to this lovely Inn.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank lnmyers
Reviewed January 21, 2007

I actually came to TA looking for a place to stay. It was my wife's birthday trip and I have lots of apprehensions about B & B's. This Inn was very comfortable & private with great access to the U of A and Tuscon. Our breakfasts were sumptous. Susan Banner is a treasure of an innkeeper. She's warm ,inviting and quite interesting. The Inn was exactly as shown and our bath in the Nogales room was roomy & comfortable. Our bed was very comfortable and we had everything we could have possibly needed. Susan's attention to detail was quite evident in each area of the house.
If you're lucky while there , maybe Susan will fix the blueberry nut french toast casserole with the home-made blueberry syrup for you.
I look forward to returning.....

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2007

LIke the other posters, I must agree, the inn is gorgeous and a real find. Lovely setting (old fashioned suburban Arizona neighborhood, complete with cactus and 'desert rose' colored houses here and there), beautiful property, and the courtyard's a delight. The location can't be beat---close to everyting yet tucked away in a peaceful little enclave. The Uof A is an easy walk and I spent my mornings strolling there to build up an appetite for the delicious and filling breakfasts. The freeway's not far away so you can daytrip very easily---I went to Bisbee, Tombstone, Organ Pipe, Nogales and even Phoneix as day excursions, and there's plenty to keep you occupied in the Tucson area as well. Susan, the innkeeper, is helpful and has lots of great suggestions for where to eat or what to see. And as a single woman traveling alove, I really enjoyed and recommend this inn. I'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed December 21, 2006

This was such a darling bed & breakfast! My colleagues and I really enjoyed our stay there. The rooms and courtyard were absolutely gorgeous and the location was terrific since it is so close to The University of Arizona campus. I would highly recommend this location.

Stayed: December 2006