“Wonderful!”

Ranked #13 of 48 Tucson B&B and Inns
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I couldn't have picked a better place to stay in Tucson! Great breakfast, a very comfortable room, and Susan had great tips for places to see and things to do in the area. I had a very enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: The single room is a great deal for solo travellers.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Cozy b&b. Decoration is beautiful, the location is walking distance from the University but the best part is the owner's attention to detail. She anticipates to everybody's needs and she is an amazing cook. I could get used to breakfast like that. Be sure to ask for the bluberry french toast!

• Stayed December 2012
Voorhees, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Enjoyed my stay at Sam Hughes, several of us from the east coast had converged on Tucson for a meeting and stayed at Sam Hughes. Great Breakfast! Proprietor adapted to our needs from the first communications prior to the stay. Helpful information made it easy to navigate there. I left early in the morning the second day and found just cooked coffee and a coffee roll awating me at 6AM when I was ready to leave. I do recommend it to friends when they mention going to Tucson.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Oak Hill, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Sam Hughes Inn recently and we were both pleased with the experience. It was our first stay in a bed and breakfast and it was great! The location was perfect for us, near my other daughter and the University of Arizona. Our room was very clean and cozy and opened to the courtyard, creating a very relaxing atmosphere. Susan made us feel so welcome and we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast each morning. She even fixed me a "to go" breakfast my last morning because I had an early flight. I would not hesitate to recommend the Sam Hughes Inn to anyone visiting Tucson.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Young, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sam Hughes Inn a couple weekends ago. We live in the mountains and are not used to the bustle of a city. We were pleasantly surprised by the relaxed atmosphere at the inn. The room was clean, neat, and decorated in a way that made us feel like it was "our" own retreat. Susan was warm, welcoming, and able to give us helpful information on eateries, shopping, local attractions and places of worship! We so enjoyed our time at the Sam Hughes Inn and hope to return again soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
scottsdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our experience at the Sam Hughes Inn was definitely an experience, a positive experience that I would recommend to anyone. We stayed at the SHI during homecoming weekend and were very impressed by the cleanliness, friendliness, and overall warm atmosphere of the stay. Not only was the stay warm and friendly, it was extremely convenient as it was a 10 minute walk to the football stadium. The biggest factor was Susan..while some people would be worried about 3 male "alums" staying at their inn during homecoming, Susan was inviting, warm and friendly from the first second of our stay and that was very appreciated.

Definitely a must stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were in Tucson for the Tour de Tucson this past month and stayed at the Sam Hughes Inn - what a wonderful decision that was. The guys were able to ride to the start so I did not have to get up and drive them in at o'dark thirty! The room we stayed in was cozy, comfortable and pleasant with a large bathroom. The entire place is decorated with unique items which have been lovingly selected by the owner, a surprise wherever the eyes look. The back yard is very peaceful and serene. But, most of all, the breakfast was fantastic - French toast from heaven with a yogurt parfait, OJ and coffee.
We plan on returning next Tour.

Room Tip: our room was inside the house. Their is one room (well appointed also) with exterior entry. And, a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple