“Lovely Inn and hope to return!”

and 1 more site!
Sam Hughes Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 48 Tucson B&B and Inns
Sacramento, California
“Lovely Inn and hope to return!”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I came to Tuscon for a NCAA Softball tournament, to see my daughter play. I was traveling by myself and found this bed and breakfast to be quite charming. When I got there, Susan Banner met me at the door, and told me the guest she was expecting besides me had to cancel, so she was moving me into a larger room, same price as the smaller one. The rooms are clean, cool and quiet. It was perfect for me alone, but I could also see bringing my family, as the garden/patio area is very roomy and so is the great room. The breakfast was wonderful, and plentiful and the conversation with my other "houseguests" was really fun. I had never been to a B&B before, and Susan has definitely set the bar high for my next experience ! I would return to this Inn, the price was very reasonable, the location to U of A was perfect. Hope you enjoy it as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank rnewman678

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We had a totally delightful stay. Wonderful breakfasts, interesting company at the table. Calm, peaceful atmosphere in the lovely garden. The room was comfortable and we slept very well. Good tips from the hostess for places to visit and eat. We were well located for the places we had scheduled to visit. The tub and sink drains in our bathroom were very slow; we didn't mention it at the time. but those things have an accumulative effect .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We recently stayed at the Sam Hughes Inn by the U of A in Tucson. It was a return trip for us, and we were once again happy with our experience. The inn is a pretty hacienda in a quiet neighborhood close to the university and downtown. We stayed in the Santa Fe room, which is a large room on the back of the house and facing a large and pleasant courtyard with trees and flowers and a fountain. Susan is a great host: helpful and knowledgeable about places to visit and eat. She is also respectful and nonintrusive to her guests. She serves large and creative sit down breakfasts at a long table in the dining area. This inn is a very good value for us, as it is far more personal and comfortable than hotels, and with 4-5 rooms to rent out, it is also a nice size for meeting people yet having private and quiet space too.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We spent three nights at the Sam Hughes Inn and highly recommend it for value and hospitality. During our stay our rental car was rear ended and Susan was most helpful in assisting us to sort out our problems. The location is quiet and the breakfasts are outstanding. We have no hesitation in recommending this B&B

park ridge , IL
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Having only stayed at a couple B&B's before visiting Tucson a couple weeks ago, my wife and I were not sure what to expect. we found ourselves looking at each other after our three night stay asking why we haven't stayed at B&B's more often. The Sam Hughes Inn ( Tombstone room) had all the things you would expect; comfortable queen size bed, frig, great shower and bathroom, TV, small sitting area and desk. The outside yard area was perfect for reading a book, sitting in the sun or taking a nap. The three breakfasts we had were much better than the breakfasts we had at the Marriott resort two days before our stay at the Sam Hughes Inn. The close location to the U of A campus was a real plus. Don't miss this "gem" in Tucson

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 5, 2011

My stay at this Bed And Breakfast was very enjoyable The Breakfast was superlative, the bed was excellent, and the location was very convenient. Sam Hughes Inn felt authentically southwest. I enjoyed the back yard seclusion and lovely garden. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Tucson. Kimberly from Seattle.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 17, 2010

My husband and I spent three lovely nights at the Sam Hughes Inn (bed and breakfast.) Susan and Banner was wonderful host; she is very knowledgeable about the Tucson area, and an excellent cook! Our breakfasts were delicious and nutritious (Susan was kind enough to share a few recipes with me.) Our room was very quaint, comfortable and the bedding was SUPERB!!!!!! This B&B is very conveniently located (near the university) in Tucson's historic district. We will definitely stay at the Sam Hugh's Inn when we return to Tucson!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business