“Beer only”

Nimbus Brewing Company
Ranked #290 of 2,014 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Ive been here twice in two years. I don't think the food is anything but less than average. I ordered the taco salad and my guest had Ruben. Really, I suggest beer only and don't expect great service. tha joint needs to hire a chef with a palate. Music is good , atmosphere is lacking- just a warehouse space- dark. Drinks only and you'll be ok

There are newer reviews for Nimbus Brewing Company

Reviewed January 19, 2012

First, let me say that this place was truly unique to me, starting with the location. It's close to everything, yet in a little industrial "nook" of Tucson. In fact, it's hard to imagine that you haven't taken a wrong turn as you drive down 44th. Anyway, the place is basically a warehouse with a bar built into it. The strength of the place is that it has fresh, locally brewed beer on tap. The bartender was friendly, and did a good job of discussing the various beers, and figuring out what I might like. Just off of the location, beer, and service, I'd rate it a five; however, the food was just a bit above your average bar fare. Still, if you are looking for something a little different, and especially if you'd like some local brew, give it a try.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Good selection of their own brews and also a variety of others!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We were there at happy hour, so we didn't choose off the limited menu and instead just had drinks. The beers were good but the already small menu had many things crossed off in magic marker so it looked like we made the right choice to skip the meal. We were concerned that we had the wrong address while driving, because the brewery is in an industrial park, but we were glad to see that we were in the right place and surrounded by people enjoying happy hour!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

This is the second time I have been to Nimbus on Tanque Verde. It is just loud--the beer I was served was supposed to be a Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin---but it sure did not taste like it--
The pork dish was just average. The hamburgers average and the fries have a bitter aftertaste--maybe from the beer?? Not good at all--just average average everything. The BBQ Chicken pizza was below average--you had to search very hard to find any chicken on it at all--and to give it flavor had to add BBQ sauce to it.
It might be fine it you just want to hang out and drink beer (try one of the Nimbus beers) and go outside and play pool, but it is not someplace that I would go to eat since there are many other locations in Tucson that serve much better food.