“Rock hard beds”

Ranked #46 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Tuscaloosa
“Rock hard beds”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel and decent area but instead of staying a week, we only stayed one night because the beds were hard as rocks! I recommend you going where we spent the remainder of our week.... Viscount Suites!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank brownidgrl72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Staff was so helpful! We thought we'd be staying just one night, ended up staying three. The staff suggested the restaurant next door, Old Pueblo. So good we ate there two of our three nights! The staff suggested the Sonora Desert Museum. Fascinating! The staff suggested the Pima Air and Space Museum. Awesome! (In fact, my husband found one of the exact planes that he worked on during the Viet Nam War. He memorized the tail number if every plane he worked on.) the staff bent over backwards to help and we are very thankful.)

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diane4Pat
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We chose this location as we had multiple locations to visit for 2 days. The entire facility is no smoking and smells new. The beds were comfortable and the room was spotless. I liked it so much I reserved a room there for my return visit. The included breakfast was typical for a lodging facility that costs much more. Loved the restaurant next door.

Room Tip: reserve early
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sanford, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2014

A great place to stay in Tucson! Service and accommodations were excellent, the pool a delightful place to relax, rooms were spacious and clean. Oakleigh at the front desk was both friendly and professional as we checked in and added a second suite.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I already completed a survey from LaQuinta and will now present the same information. My family and I stayed at this hotel last week while attending the University of AZ orientation. The location of the hotel to the University is close so those wanting to stay close - this would be a good choice.

The negatives about our stay were that the room we had with two queen beds is not fit for three people, let alone four as advertised. The air conditioner in the room was "bipolar". By that I mean that once the air came on, it came on full force blasting cold air with no way to move the grill blades. Once the unit shut off (after way too long), the room almost instantaneously became warm to hot. I was constantly playing with the temperature. (I did not contact Management, perhaps I should have).
In addition, although the breakfast was your average breakfast, I never saw the staff use gloves while handling the food and then subsequently cleaning the tables.
The bathtub in our room had chips on it and the built in tub saver needs to be replaced. It needs to also be refinished.

On the positive side, the lobby is very nice and big with music playing from a radio. The staff was very nice and accommodating (when I asked for help). The swimming pool was nice with towels provided, however, there was no place to put one's empty towels so that needs correction.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Apache Jct
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Arrived to a clean nicely appointed lobby. Given room 125 turned on TV to Fox news but no Foxnews appears. We called the front desk they send a repair man but htey checked two other rooms and they got Fox news so we swapped rooms got a private piaza just outside the pool. Great. Breakfast is free and with omelets or scrambled eggs juice coffee and or cereal or hot buttered waffles this is the bargain of the month with a fine local charm upscale eatery across the street.This is a keeper.

Room Tip: ask if your room comes with your channel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rich H
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I am staying at this inn this weekend. I have to agree that it is very nice and new all over. They are very clean all over the facility. From the rooms to the lobby to the breakfast area and pool. I really did not expect the coffee or juice to be that good in these type of hotels. I was very surprised. The coffee was good and the juice tasted like real juice. Not that tang stuff. The food is good as well. I did not mind eating there for four days. I will stay here again if this hotel is on my convention list next year.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family