“Top Quality Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
“Top Quality Sushi”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The only sushi place in Tucson that has TORO TUNA. It was very tasty. We shared a fresh Cucumber Sunomono Salad which was excellent, a large SAPPORO BEER, and COLD NIGORI SAKI. My wife had the Spicy Lobster Roll. In addition to the TORO, I had a Spicy Tuna Hand Roll, Ebi and Smelt Roe. Everything was very fresh. Dinner included Miso Soup and Edamame.

• Visited March 2014

“Only if you're looking for quality fish”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

A once per week stop. It is not Roku, Ra or other "hip" hangouts with tons of different rolls or fusion style sushi. This is bare bones, family run tradition Japanese. Fish quality is great and portions are generous. Try the large sashimi or the Sushi on Oracle salad. If you don't see something on the menu just ask and yoshi san can usually accommodate. Good for all occasions and kid friendly...but call ahead...the place is tiny.

Tucson, Arizona
“The Good Reviews must be fake”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Perhaps we are spoiled by living in Philadelphia where we have very good sushi, but when we searched for a Tucson Sushi restaurant with a good rating we came up with "Sushi on Oracle" and we were Horribly Disappointed.
the Edamame came out cold and unsalted and wilted. The salad had a horrible ginger dressing (and I am a fan of ginger dressings in general). The sushi rolls were massive amounts of rice with ground up fish in mayo. There was so much rice you couldn't fit it in your mouth. A veggie roll we ordered was gigantic.....you needed a knife and fork to attack it. There was no flavor at all.
Poor service on top of it and only one confused looking sushi chef. We will never go back to this restaurant. We only hope we can find some good sushi somewhere in Tucson since we are moving there and love sushi.

• Visited February 2014
Gilbert, Arizona
“Very pleasant surprise!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Pay no attention to the strip mall. When we first drove in I looked at John dubiously, however it is a very nice little restaurant in an otherwise kind of skanky strip mall. I love sushi and I was pleased with the quality and with the service. The food was fresh and the service was friendly. Should I find myself in Tucson again I will definitely come back here!!

• Visited February 2014
“Very Disappointing Meal”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I find it difficult to understand how this restaurant received so many "excellent" ratings.

Let's start with the green salad: the dressing was not the typical ginger dressing found so often in Japanese restaurants. Instead, it was overly onion-flavored and tasted a bit sour. The edamame was barely warm and lacked the crispness that one would expect. Perhaps it had been sitting out too long.

The rolls were a big disappointment and had entirely too much rice. On one of the rolls, it was perhaps 80-90% rice and so little fish. The lobster roll was fishy tasting. We returned about half of what we ordered.

There is no atmosphere to this restaurant and it is a bit cramped. If my experience was typical I find it difficult to understand how Sushi on Oracle can remain in business.

Visited February 2014