“Small but good!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Tried this place for the first time and just beat the dinner rush! It is not a large space so you may have to wait for a table during peak times. Sushi rolls were very good and fresh. Also complimentary miso and edamame was a surprise. Overall a great experience and you should try if you enjoy Sushi.

There are newer reviews for Sushi On Oracle

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Easy to miss this little spot with the not so creative name in the strip mall on the northwest corner of Oracle and Orange Grove. The reason to come here is the sushi is FRESH and delicious and the sushi chefs know their stuff. It is reasonably priced, unpretentious. Just darn good sushi.

1  Thank Ted S
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I'm not from the area, so had to take advantage of the local cuisine as much as possible. Having eaten way too much Mexican food at this point, it was time for a change! Fortunately, I happened upon the reviews for this restaurant and I realized that I don't get good sushi very often, so I gave it a try. One word: amazing! Warm towel to get prepped and delicious miso soup while I made my selection. I ordered 2 rolls and they were delivered just as I finished the soup. The rice was fresh (back home it's often crusty from sitting out so long...yuck) and there was just the right amount. My California and Spicy Tuna rolls were terrific...but once finished, I realized I may not have this opportunity again. So, I ordered another roll, lol. This time, the baked California roll! Delicious, with a cream cheese (?) topping! It was like eating a sushi desert! This restaurant was terrific...I'm so jealous you all have this jewel!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My family has eaten here many times. My wife adores the rainbow roll, and says it's the best in Tucson. I'm not a big sushi fan, but I do like the avocado roll, and have enjoyed the teriyaki chicken and beef. My younger son loves the tempura udon and can demolish an entire bowl in about 5 minutes. Although this is a small restaurant, the service is always friendly, and the sushi is the freshest we've found.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I live in Chicago and have eaten and almost every sushi place there. This place beats all of them.

Free Miso and edemamee upon arrival. Also the hot towel is a great touch.

Service was fast- almost too fast.

I ordered the caterpillar and spicy scallop. Both amazing. I want to come back tomotrow

Been to Sushi On Oracle? Share your experiences!