“Excellent sushi!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
NC
“Excellent sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I'm not from the area, so had to take advantage of the local cuisine as much as possible. Having eaten way too much Mexican food at this point, it was time for a change! Fortunately, I happened upon the reviews for this restaurant and I realized that I don't get good sushi very often, so I gave it a try. One word: amazing! Warm towel to get prepped and delicious miso soup while I made my selection. I ordered 2 rolls and they were delivered just as I finished the soup. The rice was fresh (back home it's often crusty from sitting out so long...yuck) and there was just the right amount. My California and Spicy Tuna rolls were terrific...but once finished, I realized I may not have this opportunity again. So, I ordered another roll, lol. This time, the baked California roll! Delicious, with a cream cheese (?) topping! It was like eating a sushi desert! This restaurant was terrific...I'm so jealous you all have this jewel!

• Visited May 2013

Tucson, AZ
“Our first choice for sushi in Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My family has eaten here many times. My wife adores the rainbow roll, and says it's the best in Tucson. I'm not a big sushi fan, but I do like the avocado roll, and have enjoyed the teriyaki chicken and beef. My younger son loves the tempura udon and can demolish an entire bowl in about 5 minutes. Although this is a small restaurant, the service is always friendly, and the sushi is the freshest we've found.

• Visited March 2013
“This place is amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I live in Chicago and have eaten and almost every sushi place there. This place beats all of them.

Free Miso and edemamee upon arrival. Also the hot towel is a great touch.

Service was fast- almost too fast.

I ordered the caterpillar and spicy scallop. Both amazing. I want to come back tomotrow

• Visited April 2013
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Who knew you can get good Sushi in Tucson, AZ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

What a gem! Were were looking for Sushi in Tucson, yes I know what you are thinking, HOWEVER.............. the owners are Japanese and are part of the staff. The wife greets you at the door and hands you a warm towel for your hands. The husband is behind the Sushi bar slicking away at the fresh fish.

When we try a new Sushi place we ask or the Chefs choice. He always knows what the best fish is and we had a wild Salmon that was to die for. I really didn't want to write up a review about this place as to keep it a secret, BUT oh well. They have been in business for 12 years so people do know if them. GOTTA try this place.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing sushi, outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The best sushi ever! Fresh with wonderful flavor and ingredients. Outstanding service, oozing warmth and positivity. A must have!!