“Nothing special”

Cuisines: Thai
Decorah, Iowa
“Nothing special”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Went for lunch - ok special, nothing outstanding. Service was a little slow at first but the staff was lovely once the lunch crowd thinned out. Big portions.

Visited March 2012

Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Place used to be much better, super stingy and expensive now.”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Well a couple years ago (at least) I came here with my now ex gf to pick up 2 pad thai dishes for us and it was very good from what I remember. Fast forward to tonight 2/15/12 and we ordered over $50 worth of food for myself, my brother, and my mom. The $50 racked up quick and all my mom got was a salad. Even worse, we didn't get much for $50 dollars. We ordered 2 pad thais(9.95 each), 1 order of chicken satay(7.95), 1 order of wrapped shrimp(7.25) and 1 laab salad(7.25) these 5 items came to a shocking total of $53 and some change with tax. WOW, I thought, freaking expensive but oh well, we're starving, I love thai food, and I guess it's a lot of food right? Wrong. The 2 pad thais were alright, good amount of noodles but very, very little chicken, a few peanut sprinkles on top and overly sweet. C'mon, 10 bucks for a pad thai dish should be a nice dish, I can buy a bag of noodles anywhere for 2 or 3 bucks...oh well I thought....then we opened the box of chicken satay skewers and found nothing but disappointment. These used to be a lot longer I thought. Inside were 6 tiny or I should say short little pieces of chicken with a little cup of peanut dipping sauce that wasn't even full. Smh...then we opened the box of 8 wrapped shrimp. Wow, they're tiny we said. They were quickly demolished. That was 8 dollars? We could have gotten a whole bag of little cocktail shrimp for $4-5 lol...so after we ate the little chicken skewers and little shrimps, my brother goes, that was 17 dollars worth of appetizers. Doesn't feel like it. Rip off. Feel like we just got bent over lol. Then lastly my mom's salad. We open it up and it is I kid you not, a tiny amount of shredded salad and mango in a little tinfoil wrap, as if a handful was just plopped inside. Ridiculous. Where is the value here? When I go out to buy and pay for restaurant food I don't mind because it's convenient and what not but this was just rape. Seriously, for over $50 spent, we could have gone to about 100 other places, paid less and gotten more. Probably will never return here. Place used to be much better, super stingy and expensive now. I know times are tough but man, this was stingy. Also, we are not fat lol, we are skinny/lean college guys.

• Visited February 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Quite Good”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

When you visit a restaurant with a particular cuisine and the clientele is mostly from that region, it tells you something. The place was packed, the staff very friendly and the food good. What more is there to say?

Visited February 2012
Simi Valley, California
“Really good lunch!”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Great food and service. The lunch special $8.50 approx. includes soup of the day, tiny but delicious cumber salad, rice and entree. Drinks are extra. We ordered panang curry with chicken mild (otherwise it would be too hot for my taste) and my wife ordered the duck (a few dollars more but we thought we'd try it). All the flavors were great. The only complaint was some of the duck pieces were too fatty. Dinner prices are quite a bit more so I would suggest lunch to anyone trying for the first time. I've been here twice for lunch and once for dinner. Lunchtime you may be the only diner and so it is quite and cozy. Dinner is crowded and is more noisy.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank jesse1128
Arizona
“Thai Food for the uninitiated.”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Their foods are nothing to crow about. Have been to Thailand and eaten real authentic Thai foods.