“Green Corn Tamales!”

Lerua's Fine Mexican Food
Ranked #92 of 1,976 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tempe, Arizona, USA
“Green Corn Tamales!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The green corn tamales are the best I have ever had. I get one at every restaurant trying to find better. They are still the winners.

Visited September 2013

“Awesome”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Food was awesome. Salsa was delish as was the green corn tamales. Our waitress was knowledgeable about what she was serving (so rare nowadays) and even provided a taste of the barbacoa...it was amazing.

• Visited July 2013
New York
“ok but not good”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

didn't think it was possible to have bad Mexican food in Tucson But I learned differently...Had a dinner plate with fajita steak, beans, rice, tortilla...even the salsa w/chips was horrible. I wouldn't eat here again unless I was starving.

Visited April 2013
Fort Stockton, Texas
“My New Favorite Mexican in Tucson!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My friend recommended this place, and he was right. Great food. Six of us ate here and everyone would come back. You will too.

• Visited April 2013
New Hampton, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best green corn tamales and chorizo in Tucson”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Visited relatives in Tucson last week and had a lunch and a dinner at Leruas, one of our favorite restaurants in town. For lunch, my wife and I have a hard time getting beyond having a green corn tamales and chorizo taco. Both the tamales and chorizo are Leruas products, and they are superb. The green corn tamales have great lively flavors, even after I freeze them for the trip home to NH. I am a long-time fan of good chorizo, and after having sampling this tasty treat from a variety of sources I'd have to say this is the best I've found. It is always fresh and expertly seasoned. For those of us who live on the east coast it can be purchased pre-packaged in nice thin sandwich bags that freeze easily and thaw in the pan in minutes. I have always thought the service was fine, and the owner ( I think his name is Mike) is always quite involved and diligent about making sure his guests have a good experience. We have tried other items on the dinner menu including the carne asada, carne seca, and barbacoa (sp?) and enjoyed them all.
We just enjoyed the green corn tamale/chorizo taco meal at our home in New Hampton, NH tonight and it was great! If you're in Tucson, check this place out.

• Visited March 2013