“wonderful sushi, excellent prices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“wonderful sushi, excellent prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

First trip here and was pleasantly surprised. Wide variety of very fresh (and interesting) rolls, ala carte has just about everything, many specials posted on hand-written signs - and all at very reasonable prices. Probably not quite a "date" sort of place (I went with my son) the atmosphere isn't much to get excited about - very bright & open, and can be quite noisy if it's busy (it was at 6pm on a Friday)...but the service is prompt & polite and the sushi is the best I've had in Tucson. We'll definitely take Sachiko over generic all-you-can-eat or over-priced University area places!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars

“Best sushi place I visited so far in my live (and I am 56)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was staying at a hotel in the area and looking for a place to have dinner. The food was exceptional the service outstanding and I like the atmosphere plus large bottles of Kirin beer. Just the kind of place I like.

• Visited April 2014
Wisconsin
“Very nice with unusual sushi rolls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Very nice with unusual sushi rolls. Surprising that an inland city has a fine sushi bar. I guess I would stick to the basics not the special sushi options. Blue fin Toro was excellent; it just melted in my mouth.

• Visited March 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Above the Crowd, WAY Above!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

With the rabid proliferation of the All-You-Can-Eat-for-Twenty-Bucks sushi places that serve meiocre and sub-par sushi it's always a pleasure to go to Sachiko. The service is warm and friendly while maintaining that wonderful Japanese formality. The prices are very reasonable for what you're getting and there is an ample supply of the obligatory Japanese beer and sake. What you really want is what they do best of all. They make perfect sushi. The rice is soft and moist without ever being mushy. Most of the "Twenty Buck" places turn it out dry and chewy. The fish is always impeccably fresh with only the faint scent of the sea and never "fishy". My favorite...well my favorite is unimportant because everyone likes something different and whatever you like, you can be sure it will impress.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Dana W
Edmonton, Canada
“Very enjoyable meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Visited the Valencia location near the airport. Really, really nice sushi. Service was decent. We split 3 different rolls. The Super Star roll was our favourite. Freshly made, tasty. We were only in Tucson for a short time, and this satisfied our craving very nicely. Recommended.

• Visited February 2014