“Wonderful evening”

Ranked #2 of 33 Coffee & Tea in Tucson
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: El Presidio
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Thank you Caffe Milano. We had dinner before going to the Argo Guthrie concert at the the Fox Theatre next door. Wonderful service, wine and dinner. The Chianti was supeb as was the veal Marsala.

We have had breakfast and coffee here in the past and again fabulous. We will be back many times. Great per theatre dinner place.

1  Thank Jake P
There are newer reviews for La Fufi - Caffe Milano

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Six of us dined at Caffe Milano Saturday night before a play at the Arizona Theater Company. It was the best meal I have ever had there. In the past food was always fine but not really special. I think that I must have just ordered the wrong things. A salad in the past was OK, but my pasta last week was great. I had the Paglia E Fieno Al Ragu' which is a dish of white and green homemade noodles with traditional bolognese meat sauce. I loved it. The bread and the coffee are always wonderful there, and the service was excellent.

Dinner seems to be better than lunch, but maybe it is all about the choices we make. Highly recommended.

1  Thank SantafeSlim
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Met with a old friend for lunch here . Since we had not seen each other for a while we had lots to talk about. The place was pretty busy but we found a table in the corner and enjoyed our lunch and catch up without any bother. I had a fabulous smoked salmon sandwich with a green side salad.
A lot of construction going on outside and parking could be a bit tricky, but I am happy it did not stop me from visiting Caffe Milano.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We really enjoyed our meal here and they offer indoor or outdoor seating. Attentive service and we chose meals from the evening specials. We almost always go with the specials of the day. We we're disappointed in any way and we're already planning a return visit. We're spending the winter in Tucson and I have to say, Tucson has been a greater delight than we ever imagined, from top restaurants, to the arts, music, events and the list goes on and on. Tucson will surprise you.

1  Thank daveferre80
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Humans have some of the most complex tastebuds of any creature in nature, and Caffe Milano's dishes are a treat for every single one on your tongue. Start off with just how fresh every ingredient is, add a rich sauce, and simmer it al dente, and you've found yourself a real Downtown treat.
Half the entrees are unpronouncable unless you're Carlo and his staff, but the portions are generous and the price is great for such wonderful food. Pannini's are grilled to perfection, the tagliatelle panna is my all time favorite: egg noodles served in a creamy sauce with fresh mushrooms and ham. But the marinated shrimp is another favorite, with it's mound of shrimp aboard a bed of pasta laced with wild greens and a delightfully light vineagar, oil, and lemon dressing to drizzle over it all. Then again, the homemade soups are obviously labored over, the antipasto milano is just right and savory, and the penne al gorgonzola is another creamy dish mixed with frest, raw spinach for a surprising earthy flavor. Dessert is another matter all together. The homemade cake can be lemon one day, apricot the next, and the tiramisu will tempt you to eat it first.
Too delicious. Nice, small cafe setting and reasonable prices make this worth parking and walking to.

3  Thank azgypsy g