“Consistently good food and service!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #443 of 1,971 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Florence, Arizona
“Consistently good food and service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have been to this location several times and have always gotten consistently good food and service. We usually get the platter for 2 and choose the brisket as our third meat. The food is hot and we love the choices of BBQ sauce. Staff is friendly and efficient. The only down side this time was a sticky dirty table when we sat down and had to ask for it to be cleaned. We will be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank desertdiva71

Tucson Az
“Pricey”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Have gone to place twice both times serves slow ,food was over priced for servings. Diffenitely not a place for relaxing very noisey.

Visited July 2012
Rustenburg, South Africa
“Huge portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had the Boneless 'Wings' and for mains, the ribs. I am a big eater, and could probably have just had the starter! BIG portions. But the boneless wings were a disappointment - they are NOT wings! Why not just call them nuggets and be done? I did not enjoy them. I did not want something crumbed. Wings never are, but these are not wings! The sauce - what is it that you can never order something spicy anymore without it being sweet? I had the hotttest type, the Wilbur's revenge, and they were hot alright, but sweet too. No! They were also a bit dry. So, not good. Sugary and crumbed and dry and ... No!

The ribs were real good though. Tender and tasty. Just huge. I took the 12 bone, and could only manage half. May sound small, but it is huge!

I would go back, but I would leave out the 'wings'.

Service was good.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank GwilymHowes
Tucson, Arizona
“Good ribs and BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I took my elderly mother to Famous Dave's for dinner. Two of us had the ribs which were excellent, the meat was falling off the bone. My mother had the brisket which was also great. Good sides also, my husband liked the potato salad. The apples were not too sweet but the green beans were very salty. The atmosphere was good and not too loud. We will be going there again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank DustyBuck
Heflin AL
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband's favorite meal is BBQ and he really likes Famous Dave's. We were not disappointed at this location. The service is quick and friendly. We like the variety of sauces they offer so you are not stuck with one flavor. I ordered unsweet iced tea and it was served with plenty of ice which sometimes does not happen. The portions are huge so we had leftovers for lunch the next day. We always look for Famous Dave's when we are in the west.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank yarmap

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!