“Hope you are hungry!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Mission Viejo, California
“Hope you are hungry!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is the place to go if you are hungry and don't worry about the calories. If you don't know Famous Daves, it is a BBQ place that specializes in ribs but has a very complete menu. This time our ribs were not falling off the bone like I would prefer but they were very meaty. They were good and the sauces they provide at the table are all great. The rib plate comes with corn on the cob, corn bread muffin, and two sides. You can order a big slab, half slab or 1/3 slab if you choose the ribs. Unless you are a big eater choose one size smaller than you think you can eat. All the sides and the freebies that come with the meal is a load of food! Everything we have had there is always good and about what you would expect from a rib joint. The service on this night was fast and efficient.

• Visited February 2012

Alberta
“Very good food and staff were very friendly”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The food was fabulous. Our waiter was quite entertaining and helpful. Would definitely recommend to anyone who likes BBQ food.

Visited February 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Family BBQ at a great price & delicious taste.”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Our Family of 10 visited near Christmas, ordered the Family Feast (2) and we were pleasantly surprised. Meats are tender & flavorful, sides of Mac & cheese outrageously good! We had an assortment of meats & sides, I sampled the ribs & chicken, found them just delicious. We will go back again.

• Visited December 2011
“Great Family Meal”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have been chowin' down on this great BBQ for a while now. I have no complaints. This is a great restaurant that I will keep going to, over and over again.
Ribs are always cooked well, the rib tips are my favorite with the wedge cute fries. Baked beans with pieces of bacon and corn bread oooohhhhh sign me up. Having the option of putting more sauce on your food is great, especially the fact that you get to choose what flavor you're in the mood for. I am the classic honey BBQ kind of gal, but when I'm lookin for a little kick I can count of famous Daves to give me that option. They have good choices for kids too: tenders, mac n' cheese, mini corn dogs, etc.
I recently went for a family birthday and the server was great with all our needs.
Service is always good and the food has yet to disappoint me(hope it never will).

• Visited August 2011
“We love Famous Dave's!”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We return often to Famous Dave's here in Tucson. (Last summer, while traveling, we enjoyed F.D. in Kalispell, MT, as well.) This time, I ordered the baked potato topped with BBQ pork. It was so good...and so huge that I couldn't possibly eat all of it.

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!