“Not all in the name”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Skyline and Campbell
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Good Mexican food is where you find it and its not always in a "Mexican" restaurant. A green chile chicken enchilada for lunch was absolutely the best ever eaten this side of Oaxaca. The black beans with 'queso fresco' ('fresh' cheese) where equally authentic to Oaxaca. In addition, the place was electric with a lively crowd and a staff that was not highly polished but super friendly and efficient. Some great photographic displays and announcements about jazz and movie nights added to the feeling of being in a really lively place.
By the way, the posted address is not correct. I believe the 'South HIghway 89' place closed years back. Current address for Jaspers is 6370 N Cambell Ave., #160. (Corner of Campbell and Skyline)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had a delicious breakfast at Jaspers. Recommended by our Concierge at Loews Ventana. Breakfast burrito with tasty chorzio and an open faced egg sandwich served on toast with sausage, cheese tomato and avocado. So glad to find this cafe. Will go back for dinner!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Indoor or outdoor seating. View of the mountain. Not to noisy. Staff a little inexperienced at serving but our group had salads and they were had fresh and tasty ingredients.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The problem is: we really, really like Jaspers. It's a lovely, cozy place with original artwork on the walls, a nice patio section, and food to warm your heart and belly. So, why would I want to encourage others to muscle me out? No clue, and muscle away. Jaspers has great breakfasts, including some fine omelets, and outstanding oatmeal. Coffees, of course, and a nice selection of teas, for those of us who are tea drinkers in the crowd. The staff is continuously friendly and aims to please. Just the right place for a breakfast or lunch out. The do things later in the day, and I'm too old to stay up that late. I am, however, always looking for a great place for breakfast and lunch... and this place is a winner.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We were staying at a hotel down the street. Instead of going for the $12 fruit plate, we decided to head out for breakfast. Jaspers is great. It was pretty full for a weekday morning, which is a good sign. I had the open enchilada or burrito. It was great. Best breakfast I had on the entire trip. My wife went with the Southwestern Benedict. She loved it.

Our server was enthusiastic, the place was clean, and everyone seemed to be enjoying their food. I didn't see the menu for dinner though.