“A favorite in Tucson”

Pastiche Modern Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Pastiche Modern Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 2,092 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ft Lowell
Description: Pastiche is an upscale restaurant in a warm and casual setting. Our American cuisine with world influences features fabulous appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pastas, large entrees, and desserts. Not sure what you are in the mood for? Take advantage of the multitude of half-sized bistro portions available, perfect for sharing and sampling. What restaurant would not be complete without a full bar and eclectic wine list? Well, we have them both! Pastiche Modern Eatery is open 7 days a week 11am weekdays and 4pm on weekends.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I eat here several times a year and always have a great meal. It has a nice atmosphere, great service and good food. It also has a bar area.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went there as a group and the food was very good and service was helpful and friendly as well. Interesting menu.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have eaten here twice over the past few years. This place tries hard, but it never delivers. My major complaint the last visit, as with this visit, is that the food is never served hot - merely warm - which I will get to later in this review. The server brought us four small slices of bread to begin with - for four adults. They were gone in an instant and we had to ask for more. Four of us all ordered different items - the Mickey Mantle steak, the chipotle shrimp linguine, scallops, and voo doo cajun pasta. The steak was a sirloin with a piece of jalapeno bacon wrapped around it and served over carrot ginger whipped potato's. The steak was perfectly done, but was only warm and had no flavor. The chipotle shrimp had no chipotle flavor. The scallop plate had only four scallops. The Bloody Mary from Hell was hot, but not to the extent that it was described. The winner was the voo doo cajun pasta, but again - warm. I don't know if something was tainted, but I was suffering from Montezuma's revenge the entire next day. My wife also had a queasy stomach. Food that is not served at the proper temperature can cause symptoms such as this, and I suspect that was the culprit.
The place is usually packed and liked by the locals, but for me it just lacks any "wow" factor whatsoever.
I must say that all the food was presented decently, the service was good, but the food was only average. Be careful where they try to seat you as some of the tables stick out in the middle of aisles and some are adjacent to the kitchen. This was the third and last time to give this place a chance. There are just too many other great places to eat in Tucson.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went with our ladies this week and the food was delicious. I had the Salmon served with wild rice and it was delicious. The rice was perfect, fluffy. I would certainly recommend this Restaurant to my friends.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The food is italian-based but with many dishes from other cuisines around. From a one-of-a-kind cioppino to the lamb loin chops au jus to a perfect chicken saltimbocca to the classic thyme crusted seabass, pretty much anything you choose will be outstanding. It is rather bustling and it is advisable to make reservations, especially weekends or holidays. Enjoy!

Been to Pastiche Modern Eatery? Share your experiences!