“Love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Feast

Feast
Reserve with OpenTable
Feast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,971 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dodge
Transit: Sun Tran stop for routes 4, 105X and 109X is within 75 feet of Feast's front door.
Description: Feast's menu changes on the first Tuesday of each month, and remains the same for both lunch and dinner, as well as in between. This keeps our menu seasonally appropriate and offers up the freshest ingredients possible at the height of their season. We think this also keeps it interesting. It's our hope that if we're excited about the menu, you'll be excited as well. Our private dining room accommodates up to 50 people. Feast is also a wine and liquor shop with twenty wines by the glass, a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence winner for the past five years running, and a full-service caterer.
Tucson, Arizona
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Feast is a great dinner spot. The menu is eclectic and always changing. The food has been fabulous every time I have been there. The drinks are very good, and they have a very extensive wine selection also. Definitely not your average Tucson resteraunt. The wait staff has always been stellar too. Doug, the owner, always comes out and visits his guests which is always a nice touch too.

• Visited February 2013

Tucson, AZ
“Feast is full--of itself”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our recent experience at Feast was a disappointment all around. Extremely long wait for food (blamed on a surprise reservation of 14), food arriving at the table at different times, one entree started only to discover that the scallops were not cooked properly (sent back to kitchen when someone actually came to the table and said that the entree shouldn't have come out), chicken undercooked. And worst of all: not a thing comped. Nothing. Feast has pretensions of haute cuisine which it should abandon.

10 Thank skriver
DougLevy, Owner at Feast, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear skriver,

So sorry to hear you were disappointed in your experience, especially since I personally came to your table to apologize for the slow service, and although one of your party mentioned the problem with the scallops, you as a group dismissed me saying it really wasn't a big deal and that you were happy with everything overall. Not sure whether it was you or your friend who suggested to me that we should have simply turned away a party of fourteen since you had a reservation and they didn't, but as a group you said to me that you understood, that the wait was a shame but not so bad, and that once the scallops were cooked to your liking everything was good. No one made any mention of the chicken to me, though it is brined so there is a pinkness to the chicken even when it's fully cooked.

The frustrating thing as a restaurateur is to be told everything is fine by your guests, and then have them go to TripAdvisor to tell the world everything was horrible. Yes, it was a rough and busy night, and yes you waited, but if you say everything is fine, I assume you're telling me the truth.

More frustrating is the fact that if you look at our negative reviews, the majority end with a similar phrase, in your case: "...worst of all: not a thing comped." The American populace has been trained by chain restaurants with far larger margins than we'll ever have that any complaint should be rectified with a free dinner. I'm not sure I agree with that one. You all ate everything, and when I checked with you, you told me not to worry and that everything was fine. Turns out you felt that I should have attempted to "buy you off" with a free dinner to keep you from complaining to the largest audience you could think of.

You call us pretentious, but from my perspective the pretense came from your side of the table. If you're not happy, say you're not happy. If you're expecting something for free, say so. Don't tell me everything is fine and then lament that I didn't read your mind and hand you a freebie. If a guest doesn't eat his meal and tells me he's unhappy with it, I try to fix it, and if I can't, I remove it from the bill; if he tells me everything is fine and he understands that occasionally a restaurant is unexpectedly busy, I think he's fine with everything. I don't know what business you're in, but I doubt you work for no charge when your client tells you everything is fine. Next time you're in a restaurant, whether it's mine or someone else's, I'd suggest you be honest and straightforward with your comments if you hope to get your needs more effectively met. Best of luck, and I again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced; I just wish I'd known you were upset so I could have addressed them more effectively.
Naples, Florida
“good food and wine menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Sea bass was just great. Very inventive menu. Good service and lovely wine by the glass. Be sure to make it here if you are visiting the U of A.

Mukilteo, Wa
“Great Food & Wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stopped in on Wednesday night and the place was busy. They seated us without a reservation in the bar. There is a very small markup on the wine and there is an extensive wine list (big plus). The Crispy Duck salad is define, but is so big two people could split it. I had the lamb which was excellent. My husband and the beef special and it was delicious too.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Beach_Bum006
USA
“Great location, eat at the bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We showed up on a Friday night without reservation, no seats for 45 minutes so we decided to eat at the bar. A great choice, bartender was an encyclopedia of Tucson knowledge and food was great. He told us about a number of places we visited over next 3 days that were great.

1 Thank 2auroras

Been to Feast? Share your experiences!