“great food”
Review of Feast

Feast
Reserve with OpenTable
Feast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,099 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dodge
Transit: Sun Tran stop for routes 4, 105X and 109X is within 75 feet of Feast's front door.
Description: Feast's menu changes on the first Tuesday of each month, and remains the same for both lunch and dinner, as well as in between. This keeps our menu seasonally appropriate and offers up the freshest ingredients possible at the height of their season. We think this also keeps it interesting. It's our hope that if we're excited about the menu, you'll be excited as well. Our private dining room accommodates up to 50 people. Feast is also a wine and liquor shop with twenty wines by the glass, a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence winner for the past five years running, and a full-service caterer.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've eaten at Feast twice so far in 2013 and a few times in 2012. The food has been outstanding each time. The service has always been excellent. So far it is the best restaurant I've found in Tucson.

2  Thank GSO421

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My partner and I dined at Feast last night. The food was excellent as was the service. The only complaint? The owner. He made a special effort countless times to speak with every table in the restaurant except ours. We were the only two grey-haired women present. Very rude on his part.

6  Thank Chilimac
DougLevy, Owner at Feast, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Chilimac,

Please understand that in a restaurant with 120 seats, on a Friday night during the largest convention in Tucson, as much as I try to make it to every guest and see how their dinner is, I'm also running a kitchen and a dining room, helping with wine service, and even bussing tables. I also try to be as unobtrusive as possible, so I don't like to come around while our guests are engaged in conversation and interrupt them. I did actually go by your table on three separate occasions with the intent of checking on you personally, but each time, you and your guest were so engaged in conversation that I didn't feel it appropriate to interrupt. Your server told me after you had left that you were angry, but you had already left and there was nothing I could do about it at that point.

Please don't turn this into an ageist issue; I'd say that between a third and half of our guests are "grey-haired," and I'm confident that we all pay ample attention to all of our guests equally, myself included.

If avoiding interrupting your meal is "bad-mannered," then I"m sorry to know it. I do make every attempt to check in when I see a break in the conversation, but I operate on the assumption that our guests come to enjoy a nice meal, not to have me crash their party. I'm sorry my timing was inadequate, and please know that I do try very hard to find a moment during everyone's meal to check on them to the best of my ability, but I guess I'm just human. Sorry that that disappoints.

Doug Levy

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Took my daughter to see a movie at the nearby Loft Cinema and ate lunch here beforehand. I had crispy duck salad, and she ordered the lamb sandwich. The food was good, but the atmosphere was cold--I mean, literally it was too cold in the restaurant. Plus our waiter was cold and forbidding--a bit off-putting. I did enjoy my split of cava and salad though!

3  Thank Julesausten
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Looking for something out of the ordinary that is tasty and healthy? Feast is the place! We demolished everything on the table. The sun chokes, cauliflower, and cashew salad is delicious!
I had the grilled ruby trout sandwich which was Delish - my daughter (who is 4) enjoyed half of it.
My husband had the special of the day, sea bass, which he thoroughly enjoyed.
Service is cordial and speedy. Book in advance! The place is packed!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had been here several years ago and we were glad to go back. The service was fast, not rushed, the wine choices varied and fairly priced (see my review of Piccolo, LA by comparison)
and the waiter's offer of tastings was appreciated. My steak could not have been better
and we felt that the restaurant offered fine food at fair prices and appropriate portions.

Been to Feast? Share your experiences!