“Yummy, healthy, unusual food combinations that are delicious.”
Review of Feast

Feast
Reserve with OpenTable
Feast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,031 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dodge
Transit: Sun Tran stop for routes 4, 105X and 109X is within 75 feet of Feast's front door.
Description: Feast's menu changes on the first Tuesday of each month, and remains the same for both lunch and dinner, as well as in between. This keeps our menu seasonally appropriate and offers up the freshest ingredients possible at the height of their season. We think this also keeps it interesting. It's our hope that if we're excited about the menu, you'll be excited as well. Our private dining room accommodates up to 50 people. Feast is also a wine and liquor shop with twenty wines by the glass, a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence winner for the past five years running, and a full-service caterer.
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Looking for something out of the ordinary that is tasty and healthy? Feast is the place! We demolished everything on the table. The sun chokes, cauliflower, and cashew salad is delicious!
I had the grilled ruby trout sandwich which was Delish - my daughter (who is 4) enjoyed half of it.
My husband had the special of the day, sea bass, which he thoroughly enjoyed.
Service is cordial and speedy. Book in advance! The place is packed!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had been here several years ago and we were glad to go back. The service was fast, not rushed, the wine choices varied and fairly priced (see my review of Piccolo, LA by comparison)
and the waiter's offer of tastings was appreciated. My steak could not have been better
and we felt that the restaurant offered fine food at fair prices and appropriate portions.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We ate there New Year's Eve, so maybe prices were inflated. My husband had the scallops - 4 small scallops with some garnishes for $35. Appetizers and desserts were also overpriced and undersized.

This restaurant is trying to be unique with a different menu every month, based on what is available. But they need to rethink serving size for the price. Tucson has much better options that are more reasonably priced.

4  Thank DbacksFn
DougLevy, Owner at Feast, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear KKS56,

Please understand that you joined us, as you mention, for New Year's Eve. New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day are for restaurants the days we do the business that tides us over for a long, slow summer. We offered a four-course tasting menu for $65, which is decidedly less than the $85 menus that many of the other restaurants in town were offering for New Year's Eve.

Without getting too much into the economics of running a restaurant, we did in fact charge a premium for ordering a la carte from the prix fixe menu, primarily because a table can only generate revenue one party at a time, and if a party joins us and doesn't order the prix fixe menu, we're turning away someone who would be ordering it. I'm sorry you found it pricey, and it wasn't our normal menu, but our hosts and servers were under instruction to advise guests making a reservation for New Year's Eve that the normal menu would not be available. If you look at our website, www.eatatfeast.com, you'll see that our menu ranges in price from $9.00 for a sandwich to $12 for an entree salad to $24 for a braised lamb shank. The wine parings, incedentally, were only $35, and included Krug Champagne (which you'll see on the web retails for $200 a bottle), so while you might have felt it was expensive, please be assured that even if it were more than you wanted to spend, many diners would still consider it a value.

I only wish that you had spoken to me about it so I could have gotten you something else- I made my best attempt to talk with every guest and see how they were enjoying their food. I still hope you'll try our regular menu some time, because you did choose one of the two priciest nights (in any mid- to upper- end restaurant) to dine here. We had a number of guests last night, for example, that managed to have dinner, dessert and a glass of wine for under $25. If you choose not to join us again based on this experience, I understand, but I wanted to make sure you got (and gave) an accurate picture of Feast. Eat well wherever you end up dining.

Doug

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Feast holds the number one spot in Tucson for those of us who have an exotic food and wine dependency. I got a good feeling about owner Doug when he was getting started, and I'm so happy to see what he has created - a restaurant with smart and hip space serving knockout cuisine. Best of all, for grape nuts, is the world-class wine list. Go, Doug, Go.

1  Thank Raysbaby
Reviewed December 23, 2012

By recommendation of the gluten-free group in Tucson, we ordered our Thanksgiving dinner to be picked up the day ahead from Feast and it worked out great. We were visiting our daughter who is a student and I didn't want to try cooking Thanksgiving dinner on the fly. We decided to try eating there for dinner later that week and it was the best meal we had in Tucson, and we went to some very nice restaurants. Nice atmosphere, great food and friendly and expert service - and very gluten-free friendly. Wish this restaurant were in Houston.

1  Thank huntejk