“Yummy Mediterranean Food”

Ranked #106 of 2,042 Restaurants in Tucson
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We met some locals, who advised us to dine at the Shish Kebab House in Tucson, and we are so glad we took their advice. The food was worth the long wait (on a crowded Friday night!). While we waited on our lamb plates, eggplant dip, hummus, and other yummy dishes, we were entertained by a belly dancer who even balanced a sword on top of her head as she gyrated around the place. The prices were right, and the atmosphere was family friendly and casual. We loved out dinner and will return ! Highly recommend.

1  Thank drdmromeo

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Love the lamb shank dish on couscous served on weekends. Also usually belly dance on weekends. Fun. Servers are friendly too.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The restaurant was small and crowded. There was a group of about 30 seniors, and even with the large group and no reservations we got quick service. We shared a Super Combination 5 –(Sampler Combo) –Shawarma (chicken, beef, or lamb) & one kafta kebab with falafel, hummus, motabol & house salad. It was for two people but we could easily have fed three or four with this. It was so good. I would highly recommend this place if Middle Eastern or Mediterranean food is your thing.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Yesterday my family and I went to the Shish Kebab House for the first time. I fell in love with the food. I am vegetarian and there is plenty here for me. Flavor is abundant and the staff is willing to educate you on the menu items.
We will go back soon! Thank you!

1  Thank Goodlifesupplement
Reviewed May 15, 2012

After reading the reviews, I convinced a handful of my friends to try this place out. Most of them had never had any middle eastern food and this place had the best ratings. I've been to many middle eastern restaurants as well as living in the middle east, so finding a place that is authentic is such a treat. The restaurant is nice and cozy. The inside is well decorated and I liked the fact that it wasn't huge. All the waiters were excellent. We arrived around 4 and after 5, I think every table was full. As for the food. There is a wide array of choice. I am not a meat eater, but they had everything I usually get! Falafel, Touboli and hummus! Everything tasted fresh and delicious. All of my friends said they really enjoyed all of their meat and non meat dishes as well. For the ones that are iffy on prices, you typically get what you pay for. It may be a tad spendier, but worth it supporting local restaurants instead of franchises!

1  Thank Nicki F