“WOW!!”

Mama Louisa's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Louisa's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 2,042 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 29th Street
Description: Mama Louisa's Italian restaurant has been a fixture on the Tucson dining scene since 1956. We serve fresh pasta and house made sauces using the freshest ingredients. Monday through Saturday from 11 AM till 2 PM we offer our famous all you can eat pasta, soup, and salad bar. Enjoy various types of pasta, a wide variety of sauces, and a large salad bar filled with fresh toppings. Our menu offers a wide range of Italian favorites from lasagna, manicotti, fettuccini alfredo, veal parmesan, pizza's and of course our signature pasta dish Joe's Special. Enjoy our updated bar area with TV's, local and craft beer on draft, creative cocktails, and a diverse and affordable wine list.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

What a wonderful surprise. We went looking for Italian and first impressions almost made us leave. However, we went in and had an incredible meal,

The food is excellent, the prices were moderate and the server was very attentive.

Strongly recommend Mama Louisa's for dinner.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have tried many Italian restaurants in the area and I like this sauce the best. It most closely resembles my father's sauce growing up, i.e. homemade with good flavor. I like the soup and salad bar, Italian wedding (fav) and my go to entrees are Joe's pasta, more addicting each time, trust me, alfredo, pesto, chicken parm, fried zucchini (delicious) and peperoni pizza (heaven). The bar area is warm and cozy if you are wanting a romantic feel. I have found the service to be welcoming and accommodating.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Ordered shrimp scampi & italian wedding soup to go. Should have left when the person ahead of me said to the server & the owner that the sauce is different...not like it used to be. When I returned home I found dried old noodles with no sauce....6 pieces of shrimp not shelled properly & cooked in old oil....the soup tasted of old oil. As I was waiting I observed the staff not happy...the floors are filthy and the rest is dusty....old decor. What I was charged is a ripoff. I haven't been there in years but with new owner the food is terrible. I can forgo the decor if the food is worth it. Needless to say I was very unhappy with what I received. I will not return.

2  Thank Wellwhynot1
Suzy2041, Owner at Mama Louisa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

I was on duty last night when you came in. My family has owned the restaurant since 1973 and that is the year I started here. I had a guest guestion the breadding on a veal last night but not one person complained about the sauce. Our shrimp scampi is made with butter not oil. We do not add oil to the wedding soup either. Our receipes have not changed, my sister is in charge of the kitchen and started here when she was 15 and is now 50. I don't think you can get anymore consistent than that. As for the decor we are a traditional family restaurant and the murals are from the 1950's. Tucson has many locally owned restaurants and I am sure that one will plese you.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

M L's serves the authentic marinara sauce in the city....been going there for 30 years and the food is consistently good...."Joe's sauce resembles closest my grandmother's recipe.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went here to celebrate our 49th. Quiet, charming, good food great value, hard to beat for the $$. Early bird specials excellent chicken Picata very good, Scampi excellent. Super salad bar. Fine service. Fancier Foothills places have same food for twice the price and twice the /:)$&@$ noise.