“Fried Zucchini is a MUST ... SO GOOD!”

Mama Louisa's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Louisa's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 2,003 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 29th Street
Description: Mama Louisa's Italian restaurant has been a fixture on the Tucson dining scene since 1956. We serve fresh pasta and house made sauces using the freshest ingredients. Monday through Saturday from 11 AM till 2 PM we offer our famous all you can eat pasta, soup, and salad bar. Enjoy various types of pasta, a wide variety of sauces, and a large salad bar filled with fresh toppings. Our menu offers a wide range of Italian favorites from lasagna, manicotti, fettuccini alfredo, veal parmesan, pizza's and of course our signature pasta dish Joe's Special. Enjoy our updated bar area with TV's, local and craft beer on draft, creative cocktails, and a diverse and affordable wine list.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Fried Zucchini is a MUST ... SO GOOD!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Delicious food! We LOVE the fried zucchini and always ask for it extra crispy! Joe does it amazingly well! The staff is wonderful and we love the central location.

Visited August 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“have you ever really eaten Italian???”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I found the food uninspiring, lacking a fresh flavor and everything drenched in melted cheese. I'm an Italian from Chicago and generally don't eat at Italian restaurants because they don't stack up to mine or my gramma's cooking. Went with a neighbor who proclaimed this to be the best Italian restaurant in Tucson. I ordered the lasagna because it's hard to go wrong with that, but it lacked real flavor. I could only taste the tomato sauce which was acidic, the sign that sauce is not cooked long enough. (how does one make sauce in under 6 hours, I dunno, but that's what takes to get the acid out.) Not enough basil, oregano and where's the GARLIC!!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank j s
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“My favorite local Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This place never fails to please. I go here frequently with clients for lunch. I have to admit that I am stuck on Joe's Special with the chicken parmesan combo. The wedding soup is excellent. The place could use a little face lift but in these times, focusing on the food and service is what gets repeat customers day after day. The home made pasta is the best.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dave G
Tucson, Arizona
“They could use a facelift”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

There's nothing out of the ordinary but the service is good and they will accommodate groups which is great. They make their own pasta and the Italian Wedding soup looked good but I just ate the Manicotti this time and it was fine.

Visited July 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Hole in the Wall with good REAL Italian Food”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Get the Joe's Special no matter what else you order. It's their spaghetti with hot pepper flakes and melted mozzarella cheese. Delicious.

Visited February 2012