“Came for the politics, stayed for the food!!”

Rocco's Little Chicago
Ranked #108 of 2,099 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I admit I visited Rocco's because of their stance on recent political idiocy in AZ. I was impressed with their service and their food. The place was packed and somewhat chaotic and their staff handled the pandemonium with aplomb. John had a slice which was the size of a small personal pizza any where else and I had the wings and salad. It was yummy! We will be back!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have lived here for a few years now and have generally been disappointed with the take out pizza here. Of course, we're a bit spoiled having spent 10 previous years in Chicago. Rocco's has one of the better pies, with good hunks of fresh Italian sausage and a mildly spicy sauce. The cheese is adequate. Have not done a sit down meal. The inside is small and cramped and looks generally unappealing, but they have a pleasant outdoor patio - which, in Tucson, is usually good for 10 months out of the year.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Rocco's Little Chicago in Tucson is a great place for authentic deep dish pizza. We have never been disappointed at Rocco's. They also have great wings and sub sandwiches. And don't forget to grab a home made cookie on your way out. The building is small with about ten tables but they do have a large outdoor patio area. If you are tired of the pizza chains then be sure to give Rocco's a try.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. Started with the spicy bread, fried zucchini, and jalapeño poppers. The poppers and zucchini were competent dishes but not special. The bread was a super dish. Loved the spice combined with the buttery garlicy taste. Did not try any wings. For the mains we had two deep dish pies: a veggie and a big wolf. The pizza was perfect. Great crust, a flavorful, thick sauce. Had a piece of each. Cant wait to go back!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Order was messed up on two deep dish pizzas and on top of that they said 45 to 60 mins to pick up, showed up 60 mins later to pick up and we sat inside for another 30 mins before the so called manager came out of the kitchen and said he put the wrong toppings on our pizzas and it would be another hour for him to fix it. So being frustrated I just took the pies. So the manager was ringing me up and realized they forgot the wings I had ordered, so he told me to hold on and 15 mins later he came out of the kitchen with my wings. Never got an apology or discount instead he gives me a5 dollar coupon for the next time. And the food was soggy and greasy I'm a born and raised chi town boy and this place is the farthest thing from Chicago deep dish.

1  Thank cheeseclamps

Been to Rocco's Little Chicago? Share your experiences!