“What more could you want?”

Taqueria Pico De Gallo
Ranked #331 of 2,031 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had lunch here today..Had it on my list while in Tucson. I was not disappointed one bit! I ordered a 3 taco combo..2 steak 1 chicken..Came with rice..beans..carrots..Excellent Tacos..Overflowing tacos! I was full for many many hours..And great flavor..
Hey its a dive who cares????? Its really good Mexican and its affordable and quick..5 stars!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I really don't know who wrote all of the positive reviews for this restaurant before, but I definitely disagree. To start with, my wife and I have traveled throughout Mexico and Latin America for over 28 years. Our friends who went to the restaurant with us, have travelled throughout Mexico and currently own a home in Honduras. Believe me when I say that Mexican food is the favorite for all of us. Therefore, we were looking forward to have lunch here due to all the previous reviews. Upon entering the restaurant, we saw that there were five people waiting for their food, and we thought...'hmmm, busy'....must be good! My wife ordered the Carne Asada Quesadilla, I ordered the three Carne Asada taco plate, and our friends had a beef and bean burrito, and the 'tamale special'. All four of us were extremely disappointed in what we got! The carne was the ONLY thing in the entire order that had any distinctive taste to it at all. The rice and beans were very bland, the cheese on the quesadilla had absolutely no taste at all, and the corn tamales had a minuscule amount of corn in them. Our friend had assumed these were going to be a meat filled tamale, but failed to ask. However, he has had corn tamales many times before so when he got his order he wasn't disappointed in the ingredients, just the amount, which was next to nothing. All in all, this was one of the most disappointing Mexican meals we have ever had in Tucson. We had thought of ordering the fruit cup, but based on the rest of the meal, passed it by.

1  Thank TrapperH
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went to visit Tucson on the thanksgiving, after the turkey and ham, we want something different. Drove by the place and saw it was open, so we went in. We ordered 3 carne asado burritos, 6 carne asado tacos, 1 shrimp and fish tacos and some drink...only $40 totally!! and the food was vert tasty!! We will definitely visit this place next time while we visit Tucson.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Authentic recipes that do not cut out any ingredients to reduce costs or effort to buy and cut, so even each little dish has all(!) the tastes called for, quality ingredients, friendly, prepared with care, very clean with fair prices. Worth quite a detour, if necessary, to enjoy this wonderful place. A tribute to pride of ownership. The smallest dish served with a nice presentation, not a word typically relevant for casual dining.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

What a find off Trip Advisor! I grew up on authentic mexican food in California so this restaurant was a real treat. Just the smell of the frying corn tortillas brought back fond memories of my childhood. I had two of the carne asado tacos & a fish taco. Others in our group had tacos including the fish, shrimp & carne asado. The refried beans & rice were very good too. I love spicy food so I asked if they had any "home-made" hot sauce. The woman at the counter said yes. Yeah. It was too spicy for some in our group, but I loved it! If you get a hankering for "real" mexican food at a great price, then this is the place for you.