“Yum yum. Excellent authentic mexican food”

Taqueria Pico De Gallo
Ranked #205 of 2,099 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed November 14, 2012

What a find off Trip Advisor! I grew up on authentic mexican food in California so this restaurant was a real treat. Just the smell of the frying corn tortillas brought back fond memories of my childhood. I had two of the carne asado tacos & a fish taco. Others in our group had tacos including the fish, shrimp & carne asado. The refried beans & rice were very good too. I love spicy food so I asked if they had any "home-made" hot sauce. The woman at the counter said yes. Yeah. It was too spicy for some in our group, but I loved it! If you get a hankering for "real" mexican food at a great price, then this is the place for you.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I lived in Mexico for the past year an can truly say this place is amazing. The fried shrimp tacos to the carne asada everything is done right. Great prices. Id also recommend the pico de gallo fruit cups.

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Amazing shrimp and fish tacos on fresh corn tortillas. Seriously you will go here and leave saying youve never been anywhere exactly like this in your life.

1  Thank juice000
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I first heard of this place when I drove taxi. I had several southside customers who were utterly taken with it.

My opinion is not quite as high, but there are some definite pluses.

First thing is: they have a fruit salad called Pico de Gallo (rooster's beak) that is delicioso. No kidding. Melon slices, pineapple, and pieces of coconut with pico de gallo powder (chili powder, lime juice, and salt) on top. Very simple and very good, and at $3 or so it's a perfect midday refresher.

The rest of the menu is typical southside Mexican. Nothing terribly outstanding, but nothing bad. I have heard things about their shrimp dishes being good, but I've never tried them.

In brief, if you want a slightly different break in the middle of the day, go here and get a pico de gallo fruit salad in a dixie cup. It is great way to pep up a day. My wife and I stop here sometimes for a p.d.g. to take with us when starting a long out of town drive.

(Also, about 5 years ago Reader's Digest ran one of their "50 best places for..." features and TPdG was "the best pico de gallo in the U.S.")

Reviewed September 6, 2012

everything made fresh sopas were delicious fish soup made while you watch no atmosphere (dining rooms are as if they were add as the restaurant grew) not the best of locations but I would eat there anytime

Been to Taqueria Pico De Gallo? Share your experiences!