It is easy to fall in love with this hotel purely for the views of Tucson, or the well maintained golf course, or the always inviting spa. But what makes this resort hotel so special is the abundance of great professionals that work there. I have stayed here many times over the years both for vacations and business and have had the good fortune to interact with a substantial cross section of the staff. Let me list a few of them and their stories.
1. Flor from hotel engineering. During my last business trip in May 2014 I returned to my room unusually early from work and found her leading a team doing touch-up painting in the room. She was very apologetic for being there. She insisted that she would call me when the work was done so I could get back into my room as soon as possible. She kept her promise and the room was spotless. If I had not come back early to see her and her team working I never would have known that they were ever there.
2. Paul Allen night desk manager and Robby the night security manager. During August 2012 while on another business trip to Tucson I was getting ill and did not know why. Only to later discover that I had a rare strain of brain cancer. Just before I fell into my eventual seizure and coma Paul contacted Robby who brought me a wheel chair to protect me from falling while Paul called for an ambulance. Robby's and Paul's quick reactions to my emergency needs helped to save my life. I needed emergency brain surgery to remove a 4 inch diameter tumor that was on my brain. I owe my life to these men and their professionalism in my most urgent moment of need.
3. Mary Ann from customer relations. She has helped me in securing reservations and has provided support and accomodations for my special needs.
I have travelled a lot and I have seen most everything that can happen on a trip. I would also add that I have never found fault with any of the staff or accomdations at this resort hotel. I cannot say that about any other hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Starr Pass Tucson Resort & Spa blends seamlessly into its tranquil yet animated mountaintop setting, as natural as the surrounding desert itself. Our resort in Tucson merges surpassing luxury and personal service with ample family-friendly recreation, an incredible array of dining options, three nine-hole desert golf courses, entertaining traditions, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and patio, plus supreme indulgences such as our Hashani Spa. Complementing the natural surroundings, our fabulous array of multi-level swimming pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, and dancing fountains are fun for all ages. With spectacular views, exciting activities for the entire family, and a landscape laced with nature trails throughout for hiking and biking, you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in our AAA Four-Diamond resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Tucson
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott