“Great People Make the Difference” 5 of 5 bubbles

JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Naples, Florida
“Great People Make the Difference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

It is easy to fall in love with this hotel purely for the views of Tucson, or the well maintained golf course, or the always inviting spa. But what makes this resort hotel so special is the abundance of great professionals that work there. I have stayed here many times over the years both for vacations and business and have had the good fortune to interact with a substantial cross section of the staff. Let me list a few of them and their stories.
1. Flor from hotel engineering. During my last business trip in May 2014 I returned to my room unusually early from work and found her leading a team doing touch-up painting in the room. She was very apologetic for being there. She insisted that she would call me when the work was done so I could get back into my room as soon as possible. She kept her promise and the room was spotless. If I had not come back early to see her and her team working I never would have known that they were ever there.
2. Paul Allen night desk manager and Robby the night security manager. During August 2012 while on another business trip to Tucson I was getting ill and did not know why. Only to later discover that I had a rare strain of brain cancer. Just before I fell into my eventual seizure and coma Paul contacted Robby who brought me a wheel chair to protect me from falling while Paul called for an ambulance. Robby's and Paul's quick reactions to my emergency needs helped to save my life. I needed emergency brain surgery to remove a 4 inch diameter tumor that was on my brain. I owe my life to these men and their professionalism in my most urgent moment of need.
3. Mary Ann from customer relations. She has helped me in securing reservations and has provided support and accomodations for my special needs.

I have travelled a lot and I have seen most everything that can happen on a trip. I would also add that I have never found fault with any of the staff or accomdations at this resort hotel. I cannot say that about any other hotel.

Room Tip: City view room also overlook the numerous swimming pools, "Lazy River", and golf course.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We took my dad for father's day and the weekend was amazing! We had a great experience! We spent most of our time by the pool, and the service there was flawless! We received amazing serve from Jasmine, Alec and Danielle! These three servers came around frequently and were extremely polite, friendly and provided all around excellent service! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014
Huntsville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I spent 2 wonderful days here. The views were beautiful. Our room was clean. The staff were excellent and treated us like royalty. Our servers, Trisk and Kirby, at the restaurants went beyond being helpful and accommodating. We will be going back in the near future. I would recommend going here for just the experience and great atmosphere. It is a beautiful place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sahuarita, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We've stayed here several times before and this one was great as always. The lazy river entertained our 11 yr old for 5 hrs and I love the drink service at the pool areas. I would say for a family vacation the food by the pool is a little pricy and I would have loved for it to be a little more staffed so we didn't have to wait so long when ordering. The custom Omelettes made by Celina in the restaurant was outstanding. We will be back again real soon.

Room Tip: This hotel offers a great military rate and they we're very accommodating with an early check-in
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

From the moment we checked in, we knew this was the perfect choice for our mini staycation. The front desk, Claritssa, was very polite and extremely helpful. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The view was serene and amazing. At the lazy river, our drink and food orders took a while to arrive but it was worth the wait. I would recommend this location to friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

It was my first time staying in AZ, I was brought there under sad circumstances but my stay at the JW Marriott put my troubles aside! It was absolutely beautiful and the staff were incredibly nice and accomedaing for all my needs. The pool was great, very spacious and very family oriented but also perfect if you're looking for just something nice for two. On my last night my family and I had dinner in the Salud and it was amazing, they had a jazz band playing which the family loved and we had a wonderful waitress named Danielle, she was so nice and very attentive...she had remember my aunt from earlier and remembered that she loved the mango ice tea, she was very sweet. If you're looking for a place to stay in AZ this is the place, I am defiantly coming back!

• Stayed June 2014
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Firts of all the desert landscape was so refreshing! My husband and I were in town for a wedding, we had heard that Starr pass was a good hotel so we stayed a few days. The stories we heard didn't do this place justice. My husband loved the golf course, and I spent some time in the spa. By far the greatest experience was the staff and how they treated us, especially the restaurant staff. We ate at primo the first night, and WOW! So good! Then the second night we sat outside by a fire pit at the salud bar, such a group of friendly people. Our server Danielle recommended the s'mores after our food. We gave in and ate them while watching the sunset. She was such a delight. Thank you Starr pass for the wonderful stay. Looking forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: Get a room that over looks the pools
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family