I stayed at Starr Pass for a conference and was delighted with the resort. First, the service is everything I have come to expect from a JW Marriott: friendly, conscientious and devoted. Everyone in the resort made sure I was happy. Second, the room was clean, newly renovated and comfortable. The bathroom was huge with lots of counter space. Third, the view was spectacular. This was my first trip to Tucson, and I was taken by surprise at how beautiful it is.
The resort has several pools. The lazy river is very popular but I liked sitting under an umbrella at the main pool. There is food and beverage service there. I had a house salad with shrimp for lunch one day, and it was really good and way more than I expected. The Cadillac margarita is also yummy.
A shoutout for a great bartender: Jose at the Salud bar was excellent. Not only did he recommend for me a delicious drink (the Hibiscus refresher), but when a guest said he really enjoyed a beer from one of the restaurants the night before, Jose offered to get the guest that beer if he didn't like any of the choices on tap at Salud. I was very impressed with that offer. The service overall at Salud was attentive but not intrusive. And you can have s'mores by the fire pits out there -- a ton of fun! They also do a nightly tequila tasting at 5:30 (free).
The only thing at all lacking with this property is the fitness center. It truly needs upgraded cardio equipment and more of it. The cardio equipment has to be at least 10 years old. And if the fitness center advertises that classes are available, there should be more than one per day.
Those quibbles aside, overall, this was a fantastic location for a conference. And if I were headed to Tucson again, I would hope to be staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa blends seamlessly into its tranquil yet animated mountaintop setting, as natural as the surrounding desert itself. Our resort in Tucson, Arizona merges surpassing luxury and personal service with ample family-friendly recreation, an incredible array of dining options, three nine-hole desert golf courses, entertaining traditions, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and patio, plus supreme indulgences such as our Hashani Spa. Complementing the natural surroundings, our fabulous array of multi-level swimming pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, and dancing fountains are fun for all ages. With spectacular views, exciting activities for the entire family, and a landscape laced with nature trails throughout for hiking and biking, you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in our AAA Four-Diamond resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- Jw Marriott Tucson
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott