We are fans of the JW Marriott properties ( I am a silver elite member and I mostly stay in Marriott properties) and this one is a great place to stay but could use some TLC. First of all let me say that the views are magnificent at night looking into Tucson. The staff, as always, is excellent. We were taken care of from the front desk to the pool to the Primo restaurant.
I was a bit surprised at the state of the room though. The carpets are in need of attention, the leather chair by the bed had a long gash in it, and the toilet smelled like someone had missed and it hadn't been cleaned. I brought this last item up to the desk as I was checking out and received apologies. It just seemed as if the cleaning staff hadn't been as thorough as I'm used to in this class of hotel. It is a really nice property but it does need a reno and some TLC in the rooms to get it back up to the level of a JW. I left a comment card detailing some of these items for mgmt to look into.
The Primo restaurant was expensive but worth it IMO. The only nit I had about that was that the server's assistant outshone the server by a zillion. Not sure why they do it this way as I think we saw our server three times the whole evening. The assistant brought our drinks and bread, kept our glasses refilled, and someone else brought our dinners out to us. The place was empty so not sure why the server was so absent. The only reason I tipped her at all was because I wanted to make sure the assistant was taken care and thinking back on it I should have just tipped her separately. I probably would just skip the restaurant the next time around and go into town to find a place with a bit better service and a much cheaper price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Starr Pass Tucson Resort & Spa blends seamlessly into its tranquil yet animated mountaintop setting, as natural as the surrounding desert itself. Our resort in Tucson merges surpassing luxury and personal service with ample family-friendly recreation, an incredible array of dining options, three nine-hole desert golf courses, entertaining traditions, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and patio, plus supreme indulgences such as our Hashani Spa. Complementing the natural surroundings, our fabulous array of multi-level swimming pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, and dancing fountains are fun for all ages. With spectacular views, exciting activities for the entire family, and a landscape laced with nature trails throughout for hiking and biking, you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in our AAA Four-Diamond resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Tucson
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott