I have been coming to this resort with my family since it opened about ten years ago. We stay at this property because of it's proximity to the places we want to be near. It appears that since it opened there has not been any improvements and over the past two or three years the quality of service has declined significantly. The property itself is in a beautiful, quiet area, away from traffic and the views are remarkable. The resort has everything necessary to be great, but somehow because of lack of upkeep and service the hotel falls short of it's potential. Still, we stay there instead of some of the nicer, newer resorts such as the Ritz because it is the best in the area we wish to be in.
Here are the areas where it falls short: The Signature Grill restaurant food and service is mediocre and not recommended. The rooms are inconsistently cleaned, and turn down service when requested (twice on our last visit) cannot be counted on. Perhaps due to cost cuts they are short staffed? The towels are small and thread bear. The sheets are also sometimes thread bear. Why aren't they replaced? If I can see the holes, why can't the housekeeper? The rooms decor is tired and there are stains on the old carpets. The rooms close to the elevators (and at least the next two) are to be avoided. They don't seem loud when you are in them, but when you are lying in bed at night listening to them they are very loud. The rooms on the main side are far from the parking lot so if you are going to self park and don't want to walk a lot, request a room on the side closer to the parking lot.
Here are the good points: The smell of the mesquite wood burning in the pit during the evenings at the Salud Bar is wonderful. The Primo restaurant is quite good, though somewhat expensive and a little formal. There is a Starbucks downstairs. The valet parking staff is friendly and efficient. The rooms are big. There are nearby, easy to walk to trails for hiking, biking or running. The common spaces are nice and welcoming. The patio of the Salud bar is a perfect place to be in the morning with your Starbucks beverage and newspaper/ipad in hand. The beautiful location and city and mountain views are outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Starr Pass Tucson Resort & Spa blends seamlessly into its tranquil yet animated mountaintop setting, as natural as the surrounding desert itself. Our resort in Tucson merges surpassing luxury and personal service with ample family-friendly recreation, an incredible array of dining options, three nine-hole desert golf courses, entertaining traditions, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and patio, plus supreme indulgences such as our Hashani Spa. Complementing the natural surroundings, our fabulous array of multi-level swimming pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, and dancing fountains are fun for all ages. With spectacular views, exciting activities for the entire family, and a landscape laced with nature trails throughout for hiking and biking, you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in our AAA Four-Diamond resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- Jw Marriott Tucson
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott