JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Starr Pass Golf Suites(Tucson)
GLH Hotel(Tucson)
Pueblo Inn(Tucson)
2,255 results
All reviewslazy riversignature grilltequila toastgolf coursecatalina bbqmorning ritualself parkinghiking trailscity lightsoutdoor patioevery eveningmain poolbeautiful propertydesert museumfitness centerprimosalud
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My sister and I spent two nights at Starr Pass this month. The location is perfect, up in the hills west of downtown Tucson. The views from the resort are breath-taking. The rooms are very nice and the beds are so comfortable. There are two restaurants, neither inexpensive, but the food is exceptional. I have not tried the beautiful golf course, but did use the spa on a previous visit - great massages.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Chad L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback on your past stay, I am delighted to hear that you loved your weekend experience. It is nice to know that you were able to escape and relax during your visit. We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to Tucson.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! The grounds were beautiful. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were great and the beds were so comfortable! I highly highly reccomend this place to anyone! We had the most relaxing time. There were great hiking trails and sitting by the fires in the evening was incredible!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your insight on your past stay, I am thrilled to hear that you experienced an enjoyable relaxing stay. We look forward to your return and thank you for reviewing the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am biased against Marriott hotels so keep that in mind as you read this review. Marriott is my least favorite hotel chain, I never have problems with room selection like I do here. It drives me crazy every time I stay at one of their hotels and this one was no exception. I am a preferred traveler at all of the chains because I stay so many nights in hotels every year. I am only silver at Marriott because unless i have a conference at one I don't stay at them. This time for some reason under my account on the web site Marriott changed my preferred bed type to two beds. I did not do it, I have had King selected at every hotel for years. When I checked in I went to the room with my very tall husband and found out, after a 10 minute walk, they had given us two doubles and that the length of the bed would not accommodate him. We walked back to the front desk where they refused to exchange our room. They said for us conference attendees the rooms were automatically assigned and all the kings were spoken for because of the conference. No one was able to choose their room type, they were just assigned according to the preference under your account or randomly if you were not a member. I argued that most people are traveling alone and won't care what bed type of bed they have, that we were there a day early, and I'm a frequent traveler. I finally had to give up, they were not giving us the king. About an hour later they called and said they had a king. They started asking people what they preferred and some people were requesting two beds, imagine that. So after a couple of hours I did get the king but it soured my entire visit. This hotel is in a beautiful location with a nice golf course. The pool area was ok, not super luxurious but I'm sure it looks better during the high season when they have poolside service. The outdoor patio was nice at night with the fire pits and all of the restaurants were very good. The rooms were small but the bathrooms were nice and large. The gym was good and the running paths were well marked and wound around the resort. I will stay elsewhere when I return to Tucson just because of my dislike of Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Chad L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your recent feedback on your past stay, I sincerely apologize that your experience fell short of your expectations. I can truly understand that a seasoned travler has very high expectations and am disappointed that we did not fulfill our obligation to succeed your needs. The associates at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa understand that attention to detail is extremely important, and I apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations. We look forward to your return and the opportunity to surpass your expectations. If I can be of further assistance feel free to contact me at chad.lybrook@marriott.com

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is the go to place for a quick get away. We love to go as a family or a couple. Always a relaxing time. Love to sit around the Lazy pool and have food. Sitting by the fires at night is an excellent time to relax and listen to the live band that is playing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dana Y

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank You for taking time out of your day to rate your stay, we appreciate your cheering feedback. I have to agree, the Fire Pit experience on the Salud! Patio remains the place to be in the evenings, especially this time of year. Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa as your getaway destination.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The room was already booked and paid for by a friend (we were here for a conference). I checked in first as she was delayed getting here by weather. I handed them my debit card for what I though was to cover incidentals as is the case with most hotel chains. They charged my debit card $1116 even though the room had already been paid for. When we went to the lobby to try to get this fixed, I was told "there is nothing they could do" and it will take 4-5 business days to have the charge removed! I find it hard to believe in today's world of technology that this cannot be an instant process. "They should have told you" on check in was the only "apology" I received (I was NOT told this on check in and remember the ROOM WAS ALREADY PAID FOR). So essentially they charged TWICE for the same room and will take their sweet time fixing the issue.

Room Tip: Avoid coming here!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank Scubamum3

Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept my apologies that your stay was anything less than exceptional; I will personally communicate your concerns with our team. I sincerely understand how frustrating your circumstances were and if I can be of further assistance; please feel free to contact me at chad.lybrook@marriott.com

Kind regards,