This was our 2nd trip to Tucson for a weekend get-a-away and 2nd trip back to JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa. We came with 2 other couples this time and again JW did not disappoint! We LOVE this hotel! The views are breathtaking, the large patio with fire pits and amazing views is relaxing, and the rooms are very nice. The 5:30 sunset tequila toast on the patio is such a cool experience too! I would have to say the very best part of this hotel is the masseuse's in the spa. Both times I have been here I got a massage and came out saying "That was the best massage of my life!". My 2 girlfriends said the same thing. We took advantage of a promotion they had where you get a $100 hotel credit, so we used it toward the spa. After the credit the massage was $50 out of pocket, not too bad for an excellent massage and spa day. We also love that they have a Starbucks in the hotel as an alternative, as the breakfast in the restaurant is pretty pricey for breakfast (about $50 for 2 people).
One (-) about this hotel is it is far from 4th street/college area, so you have to cab it to go anywhere. Both trips we asked for a "cab" and they brought a town car. We didn't want a town car ($35 one way to 4th street), we wanted a Cab to save money. If you want a cab, be very specific and say "Not a towncar, I want a Cab"....otherwise if you just ask for a cab, they bring you a towncar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Starr Pass Tucson Resort & Spa blends seamlessly into its tranquil yet animated mountaintop setting, as natural as the surrounding desert itself. Our resort in Tucson merges surpassing luxury and personal service with ample family-friendly recreation, an incredible array of dining options, three nine-hole desert golf courses, entertaining traditions, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and patio, plus supreme indulgences such as our Hashani Spa. Complementing the natural surroundings, our fabulous array of multi-level swimming pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, and dancing fountains are fun for all ages. With spectacular views, exciting activities for the entire family, and a landscape laced with nature trails throughout for hiking and biking, you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in our AAA Four-Diamond resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Marriott, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- Jw Marriott Tucson
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott