“Perfect For Sharing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Residence Inn Tucson Williams Centre
Ranked #60 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Perfect For Sharing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

A friend and I traveled together and I found this hotel which has a suite with 2 completely separate bedrooms, each with its own bath area. The common area was a kitchen/living room with a fireplace. It worked great for us.
The breakfast is a step above most others; we didn't feel the need to go elsewhere any of the 4 mornings we were there.
And, bonus!, there is a cigar store, Cigar Emporium, I believe, directly across the street. One of the few places in Arizona where smoking is still permitted. It was a great place to wind down our last evening in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JOrenstein

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stay frequently at the Residence Inn Williams Center. The location is pretty good: you can walk to Pita Jungle to get a healthy delicious dinner. Target is very close as well. The staff are always friendly and accommodating. I have also had many stays at the Courtyard Williams Center and the Towneplace Suites Williams Center. This hotel is my favorite of the three. The courtyard has older, dated furnishings and smaller rooms. The Towneplace Suites is comparable, but I like the staff and the free breakfast/dinner at the Residence Inn better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank COBadgerExplorer
Columbus Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Residence Inn is located in commercial area, but is pretty quiet. We asked for a top floor room toward the back and it was very pleasant and quiet. Having the extra space of a living room/kitchen area was very helpful. One hint is to cut across the courtyard when dining rather than walk the long way around the interior hallway. It saves a lot of time. There is also an attractive outside seating area in the courtyard, and a nice fireplace.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on top floor toward the back.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lawton1osuedu
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in the 2 bedroom queen suite with a fireplace. What really made the stay was help from Andrew at the front desk. He went above and beyond to accomodate our request for an extra bed. The breakfast was very good for the standard free buffet, and the variety of free Sunday papers was a treat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kim H
Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a queen bedroom suite. We tried to switch the room for a double bed but they were fully booked, so we have to stick with queen bed. After we checked in we had to drive to the opposite side of the building to get to the room. Security at every door is great, you have to use your key card to enter the building. However the key cards too sensitive to cell phones where they deactivate and we had to return to front desk to get the new one. Once we reached the room we were satisfied. The room is a good size, nice and clean. Water pressure is good. I would have appreciated complimentary bottled water.

Breakfast was great, there were a variety of choices and we were quite satisfied.

Almost forget to mention about the fire alarm. There was a fire alarm while I was in the shower, I had to rush to get out from the bathroom and found out later that it was a false alarm. Same as previously reviewed, nobody gave us an apology or any explanation.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Koimanita
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent five nights here and found the hotel to be just adequate. I had a room on the top floor at the back of the building facing the parking area and it was relatively quiet. One night just after midnight the fire alarm went off in all rooms with an ear-piercing horn and strobe lights flashing. Eventually it was determined to be a false alarm, activated by some burned popcorn somewhere in the building. There was never an all-clear message or apology from the staff or management about the obvious inconvenience.
The building is fairly new and the rooms comfortable to an extent. Soundproofing is an issue, you can hear most of what's going on in the hall and adjacent rooms. I used bottled water for drinking because the hotel water tastes terrible. The sofa in the living area is pretty uncomfortable probably because it doubles as a bed.
I really don't understand the need for the sports court crammed in between the buildings, but you may want to avoid getting a room nearby. I never tried the breakfast offerings choosing to use my in-room kitchen instead. The kitchen is well equipped and so convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DelGregorio
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just finish spending several days at this facility and for the most part I give it a favorable review. I was highly pleased with the breakfast offerings, and their self-cooked waffle iron recipe produced one of the best waffles I have eaten. We were even late to breakfast one morning and the chef whipped us up some food even after they had shut down the breakfast line.

Somewhat disappointing, however, was the evening cocktail and social menu. The drink and food pickings were slim, and when we mentioned that the cream of broccoli soup tasted burn the chef guy held an impromptu customer survey in the lounge area. When only about half of those eating agreed the soup was burn he announced that most people felt the soup was fine and left it on the counter to be tried, and tossed out, by future guests. Not too wise of a way to have handled this issue.

The room was spacious and clean, and in close automobile range to many good restaurants and shopping areas. The in-room wifi service was poor and unreliable. There is lot of hotel competition in Tucson, and I while I just can’t bring myself to give this spot my top rating, but I certainly would leave it on my list of absolutely acceptable hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business